The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Not sure whats happening after BG install and cat-back

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ok so I got my 3'' Tsudo cat-back exhaust and put it on my car and i posted pictures of it in the thread about no good threads on ebay exhausts... Anyways after the install I also installed a boost gauge:D. So when I started the car I was finally happy to see what my car had for boost/vacuum. The car has about 20(?) vacuum at idle which I think is good?

My main issue I am having is that when I took it out for a test drive, I got on the gas real hard in 3rd and I was kind of blown away by the amount of boost I was getting. Much more power/boost than I know that I had before. It also felt like I was hitting fuel cut as well but I have never before:confused:. My car is stock. I know that I am only supposed to get about 9-11PSI at stock levels and our systems can run 15 safely. The gauge was registering maxed (20) for a second before it seemed like all plant power failed hard OMG and I had to let off the gas.

Is this begin caused by boost creep? Possibly my boost gauge is wack and I am only hitting 15 therefor stock fuel cut? I am just worried about my engine blowing on me because I just rebuilt this engine about 4000 miles ago. Any help would be VERY appreciated! Thanks.

You have no other mods? Putting a 3" from the turbo back on most cars without having a cat will cause boost creep or spiking, are you still on the 14b?

Yes I am still on the stock 14b. I still have the stock DP and cat. The exhaust was only a 3'' Cat-back. And I don't have a MBC either so it should cut out at 9-11psi. I had my boost gauge tapped in at the fpr vacuum line I think is where that is.

Yeah, When I installed my 3 inch exhaust I had the same thing happened. The stock wastegate can not keep up with the high flow exhaust.(something like that) and you will get much more boost. Time to either port the hack out of your wastegate passage or upgrade fuel system to handel more boost. Should do both.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back