The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Noobish questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King_Milo

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2006
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
So, I feel pretty dumb asking these questions but I couldn't find an answer anywhere and I'm more familiar with Hemi's and 6G72's :p

Numero Uno : I'm replacing the thermostat & housing. The thermostat came with two identical gaskets. Just one is sufficient right? I would assume so, but I'd rather make sure before I eff something up.

Secondly : The new thermostat housing came with a plug in place of where the sensor goes. I've tried EVERYTHING to get this damn thing out. How crucial is this sensor? Because it's looking like this plug wants to be there forever.

Pic of said plug and sensor that is supposed to take it's place:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Third: Previous owner had this piece of hose just kinda looped around. I tried a shorter piece but with the angle it just kinks up. Is there anywhere I can get the factory hose that goes here. I don't wanna half ass this car.
Pic:

Fourth: I ordered a new set of OEM radiator hoses for a 1G. The bottom fit perfectly. The top....not so much. It's a good bit too long and I've tried every way to make it work except cutting it (which I don't want to do). Is this for a 2g or am I doing something wrong
Pic:

Lastly : (Thank GOD!)
My poor little car is almost ready to take back out on the road, I just can't seem to find the front caliper bracket bolts to finish the brakes Anyone know where I can get some replacements? I want to go with new and stainless.

1. yes one gasket is all you need.

2. that sensor goes on the front of the housing. And it is very important.

3. Just cut the hose it will be fine to make it shorter

4. That is not the right hose. You can make it work by cutting it or return it for the correct one

"If anything that looks more like a heater hose".

"If anything that looks more like a heater hose".

yeah its not even for a dsm either it looks like a regular ol parts store hose

to the OP: just cut it to fit, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. same with the looping hose. theres plenty of hose there to cut and not kink up so you dont half ass it like you dont want. as far as everything else goes gsxeclipse97 already answered it all. good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back