The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

new weird problem rpms jumped all the way down almost dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcalgsx707

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
lake county, California
So I discovered a weirdo problem today whats new, im going up this hill at my college i give it gas just to get up this hill
as soon as i let off the rpms dipped all the way down and almost kills the car, i have a cel on but its telling me I have a tranny problem bad sylanoid which cant be true i just changed them, anyways the car does idle hi whne i n park after driving it for a cpl minutes, anyone got any clue as to whats going on, Low transmission fluid? bad Iac? bad tps timing? any help works thanks

P.s I just modded my car a 255hp, a fpr, boost control, cold air, and a big 16g

Wine could coming from the transfer case. Checked that out lately?

Might be a given, but did you disconnect the battery after replacing the solenoids and installing all those parts?
What did you set your base fuel pressure at (with vacuum disconnected)?

I dint really set it it seemed set but it deffiently smells rich I didnt really understand how to set it right?

I just went and adjusted it at 44 with the vaccum disconnected its running 41 with it connected should i make it higher

yeah battery was dissconected when i changed the sylanoids

whats a good cheap way to test soap and water seems to evaporate too quick how about seafoam?

Soapy water is the best way. You're using a compressor to pressurize the system right? Can you hear any leaks/does pressure hold on your gauge (boost gauge or on the tester)?

As for the fuel pressure that's normal, once vacuum is connected it will drop a little.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back