The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New Sunroof? or fix it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David15151

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2004
Augusta, Georgia
My sunroof got stuck open... and it started to rain as i drove like a madman to the dealer cause i could not get that sucker closed whatsoever. I see that it is a common problem but the dealer quoted me 700 dollars to fix it! Said i needed new rails and cables + 2.5 hours of labor. Honostly that seemed a bit steep for me. Is it worth trying to go to the junkyard and remove one from a DSM there? or will that probably be broken anyways? I have never installed one so I have no idea how difficult it is.

youcould also crank it down by hand for now to prevent requiring a scuba setup to drive it in rain storms :p

BlueTalon95 said:
Check ebay. I bought an entire sunroof assembly on ebay for $150. I'm actually installing it right now. So far. it looks pretty easy.

Did you finish your sunroof install? I need one myself and wonder how difficult it is. Did you have to remove the headliner or anything? Or can all the work be done from the top?

Yup sunroof all finished. Wasn't hard at all, just a little time consuming. I replaced the entire thing, frame and all, so i had to take out the headliner. If you're just replacing the sliding arms, you won't need to. That link in above posts will show you exactly what needs to be done for each repair. I actually had to piece together the parts from my old one and the newer one to get one working sunroof.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back