The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New Build-First Start up Procedure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nocardick

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Akron, Ohio
Ok Guys.I'm finishing up a full rebuild (wiseco/eagle) and plan on starting her up tomorrow.I packed the oil pump with grease when putting it together.For the first start up, should I unplug the MPI relay and the coil and crank the motor some to get the oil pressure up before I start the car?Is there a procedure I should follow for a first start up for a new build?

Also,how do I go about setting the CAS for the first start up?
Thanks

And here is a pic of it :hellyeah:

Attachments

• TalonFinished.jpg
    TalonFinished.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 241
First u need to get rid of that hideous flex pipe on ## wastegate. Lol

You should have primed the oiling system with a drill, or impact before installing the timing belt. But, being where you are now, pull the sparkplugs, and unplug the cam sensor, and turn it over until oil squirts from the rockers.

First u need to get rid of that hideous flex pipe on ## wastegate. Lol

It's a temp fix till after the shootout.The LICP and alternator are pretty much in the way of where the dumptube should go and the punishment dumptube they sent me runs straight into the radiator.

You should have primed the oiling system with a drill, or impact before installing the timing belt. But, being where you are now, pull the sparkplugs, and unplug the cam sensor, and turn it over until oil squirts from the rockers.

Won't the injectors still shoot fuel with the CAS unplugged?

For the love of all that is good in this world, please don't ever use an impact to prime an oil pump!

I've probably spun 30 oil pumps with a mac impact and 14mm socket. It's probably easier than rotating it with 4 sharp impacts every 720* of crank rotation, while being side loaded 30-50 lbs by a timing belt.

Won't the injectors still shoot fuel with the CAS unplugged?

Not on a 1g, the plugs wont fire either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back