The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New 1G subframe bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 important point I should make is while I am willing to look at making any bushings someone needs, if you are the only person that wants them, I may or may not have the machine shop make a big run of them. This will cause your special bushings to be a bit more expensive than the more common ones.

totally understandable :thumb:

I'm interested in a set for the front and rear too.

you can go ahead and add another one to the list.

Ray, since setup fees are usually the most expensive part of machining, why not make 50 of these sets at once instead of 10-15 and hopefully drop the price? It'd be an investment on your part but demand sure looks like it is there.

I've called the machine shop 3 times today with no results, so I'm still on it. And I'll even third your idea, but if I make 50 sets and get stuck with them, that will be the end of the parts manufacturing. You're talking about floating the community a huge $$ in parts... remember I'm not doing this to make money. Let me get a firm price from the machine shop, I've asked for a couple different quantity breaks, and I'll decide where to go.

I understand your concern. I'm looking at making a 1g wide body kit and the setup costs are going to be very high for me. Pagosa DSM (site member) has a friend who owns a machine shop. You might contact him and see what sort of price his friend can come up with or if he is interested.

I talked to Pagosa DSM, he doesn't think his friend can machine plastic.

After looking at the bushings on my car, im also interested in a set.

my suspension too needs new bushings. ill be buying some soon and hopefully you will have you price up soon, otherwise ill be getting the energy suspension set.

Ok everyone,
I got the estimate back from the machine shop and it looks like I can go ahead with this. Pricing will be done by this evening so stay tuned.

Ok,
After much delay, here's the magic number. $150.00 For the first 10 sets I'm going to hook everyone up. I appreciate all the comments and feedback I've gotten from everyone and this price is a one time gig. I intend to make these available through normal retail channels in the near future and will not compete with the retailers. If the retail price drops below this from volume manufacturing I'll refund the difference. New products will be released in a similar fashion, a prototype run through the site, then normal retail channels. The parts I sell on here directly will not be for profit.
You get exactly what is pictured at the beginning of this thread. 2 rear sub-frame bushings with spacer, 2 front sub-frame bushings. Lifetime warranty, if you ever break it, send me most of the pieces and I send you a new bushing.
I guess the best way to handle this will be to PM me with your order request. Please put "purchase request" in the subject and whatever notes or comments you want in the body. I'll collect these through the end of the week and start a new status thread in the appropriate section once I have Supporting Vendor stuff taken care of.

Moderators, PM sent to ludachris to handle the supporting vendor stuff.

Ray Peters

Last edited by a moderator:
Now is this for the front two anchor points and the rear two or just the front two?

The parts pictured are for the front 2 mounts on the REAR sub-frame, and the two rear mounts on the FRONT subframe. Just to make this as confusing as possible :thumb:

I have not seen major issues with that rear support, but I will be making those and the 2 under the radiator support in the next round. expect sub $100 for this next set as the bushings are simple and smaller. Most of the expense in the current set is the big rears, that is a lot of material that has to come out of a solid piece.

The explanation for why I have chosen these locations first is because it has been where I see the most degredation in the cars I have and service. As I've said before, I'll be doing most if not all of the bushings under the car eventually so stay tuned and keep making the suggestions on what you guys need. Engine mounts are on the drawing board as well.

Ray

I'm most definetly interested, but it's not currently in the budget. Do you think these might still be available 6 months from now?
(Maybe some more places will be available and I could order more then these.)

Im going to be honest, and tell you im waiting to see these from a retailer. Just because I think there might be a slightly more refined version then. And I hate getting Beta tested stuff if you catch my drift.

If there wont be any diference then, let me know and i'll PM you my order.

Im going to be honest, and tell you im waiting to see these from a retailer. Just because I think there might be a slightly more refined version then. And I hate getting Beta tested stuff if you catch my drift.

If there wont be any diference then, let me know and i'll PM you my order.

There're won't be any changes to this set of bushings, but the next series that cover other locations on the car may have versioning.

And I hate getting Beta tested stuff if you catch my drift.
You mean you don't like beta testing. I would always prefer to have something tested by the public over something that has never been tested at all outside of the company that makes it. Just confused a little... :confused:

I'm most definetly interested, but it's not currently in the budget. Do you think these might still be available 6 months from now?
(Maybe some more places will be available and I could order more then these.)

These will be released through some of the DSM vebdors that support this site. I'm working on the details.

Ray

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back