The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

New 1G subframe bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Note to those of you asking for solid mounts. I have replaced my rear diff (2g) mounts on the subframe with harder urathane then he sells but a little less than the aluminum ones (I had them custom made). The car is silent as long as you keep some load on the rear end. However, the moment you let out (even a little) WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, major noise. Like, scare people on the other end of the phone if your using it loud.

You've been warned.
D

PS, MAJOR props to you for going out and doing this for the community. I had to go out and make this happen for myself. Highly impressed.

Guys I bought the last set off of him (sorry).

I'll be making a post about install and review when I get a chance. He explicitly told me he wanted to make another run of them though so not all hope is lost.

Well then I say "lets get the party started". How many people are needed to justify a run?

If he doesn't want to do it anymore then maybe someone like JM-Fab of Jay Racing will consider doing these.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately for myself, I am looking for the front. If I have to purchase a whole kit I will, but I already have the rear taken care of.

You don't need a whole kit, any DSM vendor should be able to get you the Front Sub-Frame bushing set from energy suspension.

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - Energy Suspension Sub-Frame Bushing Set: Mitusbishi Eclipse 90-94 AWD

I always thought the rear ones were the ones hard to find for a 1g :confused:

No No...The frt bushings i want from a hard plastic like Delrin or from Aluminum. I've had the Energy ones for years.

I have urethane in the diff mustache brace and the Shearer Fab for the rear subframe so that isn't an issue, but since the frt receives such heavy load during road racing I would like those from a minimal compromise / non-deflection material. I can have them made if I want but that is a just a time consuming pain in the ass I would rather not go through unless forced.
I'd Rather say... "Oh someone else made these. Pefect!"

*SOLD*

I have a set of the bushings from the original run and I'm looking to unload them to some who can use them. They were never installed.

Send me a PM if interested.

I am looking for the people who bought and used these!

I am wondering how they turned out? Very rough driving? extra noise?

These either flopped or are still in testing phase because I have yet to see these on any builds where people have posted pictures and said anything good or bad about the performance pf these things. The entire kit for $179 doesn't look to bad. I wonder if it's worth going with aluminum over a poly bushing due to the extra give and shock defense.

They work well. I have the plastic ones in my car. If it works, it works, pretty much.

The plastic works brilliantly. I have a set in my heap also.

Doesn't Ray make them anymore?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back