The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Rear Subframe bushings Washers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebrownman1

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2015
Medicine Hat, AB_Canada
I'm currently in the middle of restoring the rear Subframe on my 1g. I messed up by not keeping track of where things go, specifically the big washers.
Here in this picture are two that have been painted, I'm sure those go on the mustache against the body of the car. The other 4 I forgot. I think the middle two go on the bottom of the mustache bar and the outer two go on the subframe. Can anyone confirm? I also included a pic of the subframe itself when it came out. I'm also installing poly bushings from RTM and I understand that the rubber parts will not be used? I'll have to get a picture of the kit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know it's been a while since the question was asked, but in case anyone else comes across this: the dimpled ones painted black go on the underside of the mustache bushings with the dimple pointed upwards to go into the concave mustache bushings that are concave on the underside. You need to burn the rubber off for this to fit flush. The other 4 were originally the ones on top of the subframe and mustache bushings. You can burn the rubber off and use them as flat washers on top of the bushings, but I'm not sure if this is necessary. Jafromobile's video shows them burning the rubber off all the washers but doesn't show whether or not they put the flat ones on top. It does, however, show them putting the dimpled washers on the underside of the mustache bushings:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back