The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Window Weld Rear Subframe Bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should only make the stock bushings stronger imo. I can totally see them not working as well as real poly bushings, but I figure it has to be better than stock 19yr old bushings.

Unless your worry is that maybe they'll mess up the bushings permanently somehow?

I upgraded my rear subframe and "mustache" brace bushings to the poly ones that Tuners Nation sells. When I was removing the stock subframe bushings, I saw how badly worn they were- to the point I could almost knock them clean out with my hammer. IMO, the factory subframe bushings are a lost cause. The bushings on the mustache brace wouldnt benefit much from the addition of WW either, IMO, because youd only have a .25" thick layer of it over the stock bushing. Maybe you could try filling the gaps in the subframe bushings with WW, but theres no way it could ever be as good as the poly setup and may not even cure very well since youd really have to pack it in there thick...

I've had phenomenal success with 3M Windo Weld. It's far more durable than people give it credit. I've had my front motor mount (an others along the way) filled with Wind Weld for over 5 years with not even a crease, crack or flake. The drying procedure isn't as nightmarish as people claim, either.

A question I do have for you is that since all of our suspension bushings are solid rubber/whatever to begin with are you certain that the subframe bushings are in fact a bridge type like the motor mounts? Otherwise I just don't see how you will be able to effectively apply the Windo Weld. As mentioned above, spreading it on like peanut butter on toast will not provide you with results.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back