1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Need Wiring Help

Posted by jinscho, Apr 7, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    I found yet another wiring issue that needs to be tackled on my 4G63 swap on my Spyder GS.

There's a connector under the Driver's seat from the original wiring harness, from what I've been able to decipher from the 97-99 electrical manual, it appears to be connector C29 (Though the manual shows this as a 3 pin connector, which the connector in question is a 6 pin... so I'm not entirely certain.. but location matches up) 2020-04-07 22_46_20-Window.png

After scouring through the circuit diagrams, I can't find ANY information on this particular plug, it just doesn't exist in any of the diagrams. Here's the male end of the plug from the old Engine Harness (wires from left to right are Black with White Stripe (larger gauge wire), Black, Blue with White Stripe, Green with Yellow Stripe, Blue with Red Stripe, Red):

20200407_230022.jpg

Since I couldn't find anything in the electrical manual, I went ahead and traced the wires on the old harness to try and find out where that connector leads to and this is where it gets REALLY frustrating..

20200407_211958.jpg
    Two of the wires from that connector (Blue with Red Stripe, and Blue with White Stripe) lead back to the ECU to pins 55 and 61. Based on this post, https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/f...99-flashing-faq.338754/page-42#post-153111047 , that appears to be the EVAP Vent Solenoid Valve and Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor. The Black wire terminates into a ground loop, and the Black with White Stripe leads to the 5 pin connector for the Fuel pump-relay module that is specific to the Spyder GS (which is now bypassed as I rewired the Fuel Pump).

The Red and Green with Yellow Stripe wires disappeared pretty deep into the harness, and based on the world of useless crap the other 4 wires ran to (especially since I'm deleting all of the emissions stuff), I'm questioning if I should even bother with that particular plug. I'm hopeful that someone on here will have some more insight on exactly what those last two wires run to so I can put this nonsense to rest and be done with the wiring in the car.

I'm a good week into rewiring the car, I'm tired of cutting and soldering and have a full understanding of why people would rather just spend the money at OHM-Racing for one of their plug and play harnesses... please help :banghead:

Street Build 2K  13

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. luv2rallye

luv2rallye DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    On the old harness C-29 male connector, the red is the +12v power from the MFI relay to the Evap Emission vent solenoid. The green with yellow stripe is the +5v power from ECU pin 81 to the fuel tank diff pressure sensor.

3K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    14.200 @ 95.000 · 2G DSM
    ThunderChild and jinscho like this.
  3. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Ok perfect! All emissions crap that I don't need!:rocks:

Street Build 2K  13

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. OHM_Racer

OHM_Racer Supporting Vendor

Joined Jul 4, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    You can ignore those 2 wires, they are used to power up what you are deleting/not using.

Good luck with the swap. :)

jinscho and ThunderChild like this.