The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need to ID this O2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapracer

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2012
west richland, Washington
I want to find a gasket to fit the O2 housing in the pic. It came on the car and I don't know the mfr. Can anyone tell me who makes it or where to get a gasket?

backround: i have a 91 gsx with a worn out 14b turbo. it has a 3" O2 housing on it. i also have a nearly new ebay 16g and header laying around. i want to put the 3" O2 housing on the ebay 16g but the gaskets dont match. it also looks like the old 14b was ported to the bigger housing. The housing has a cut out between the main exhaust and the waste gate path. Im not sure if that is ok, or if it has been ruined, or if I just need a different gasket.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its true the 1g o2 is up more near the manifold, where the 2g is down further.

To find out if it's an e3, the bottom where it bolts to the DP will be angled more than the 1g/2g o2 housing.So If you have an extra laying around, that should help identify it.

thanks for the replies. I might know the difference "for sure" if i wasn't a total noob with turbos. ;)

The gasket for the stock size housing is smaller and doesn't fit right on the bigger housing. So that sounds like i have an evo III O2 housing, correct? If i order an O2 housing gasket for an evoIII 16g turbo, it will fit?

Do 1g's have the extra bump at the downpipe flange as seen in the bottom right of the 2nd picture above? It seemed the few pictures I found had an oval shaped downpipe flange, or they were mislabeled and weren't actually 1g's. Seems a bit odd that they'd be almost identical other than inlet sizes.

Looks pretty darn similar to the Evo 3 in this picture.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...w-dejon-down-pipe-question.html#post152598618

Evo 3 o2 gasket - MD185805

On the inside no the 1gs Is different than this.

And The bump at the bottom no.1g's are circular around the heat sheild threaded holes, these in the ops picture look larger and not round..Also the 1g has a casting stamp below/above the first heat sheild hole.

Also no casting line on the 1g.

So then it's probably the E3 like in that link..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back