The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need some help on these 2 turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyz250f

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
So I have called SBR and extreme psi. I am looking at the sbr G60 and the SCM 3431e. They say they will make around the same hp, and spool at about the same rpm (4100) But is the 60 trim going to like pump gas better and make more power? The car is not a DD I have a pickup to drive too, but I drive the car around alot. I will drive it 5 hours to the dragstrip a couple times this summer, and possibly an auto X or two.

They both say I can make 400+whp on them. That is good because that is my goal, but is this like evo 3 hp ratings or what. Alot of people make big power on the scm 6151e.

Has anybody ran the G60 or the SCM 3431e.

I can get them both for $800 and they would both come to $1000 with the silicone elbow and the install kits. Or should I quit being a ####y and get the SCM 6151e for the same price and be done with it.

It might come down to vender choice. In that case SbR has been a little slow with some things.

Basically I am looking for that push to spend that 1000 dollars on something nobody needs. I just want more powa.

I haven't run either of these turbo's, so I can't comment that way but I did do alot of looking when making up my mind on what turbo to upgrade my evoIII to & here is my input. First off what is your hp goal, both these turbos being std bearing probably won't be the best choice for auto x & would be more suited for the drag strip. When I looked at both the 3431 (57 trim correct?) & the 60 trim I wasn't all that impresed. The 60 trim seems to be much better suited to a larger displacement motor running lower boost as when you get to higher street boost & race gas boost we run, you seem to be a good amount off the peak effiency range. To be honest the 50 trim seems to be better suited to our applications. If your looking for a sometimes street driver with some nice drag strip potential, without a huge price tag I would probably look at the 60-1.

50 trim ball bearing would probably be best for what you are trying to do.

60-1 would be cool but I am not sure on spool time and what makes it different from the scm 6151e.

It will be a street driven drag car. If there is such a thing. I am scared to get a 50 trim because I dont know if it will be enough for me. Some prople say its not a huge jump from a evo 3 16g.

Whats the 6151, I didn't see it listed in the couple places I quickly checked? The 60-1 can be had in a few different versions, depending on your hp goals (and spool times). Looks like their rated from 580-630 hp depending on the comp & turbine wheels.

6031- 59 mm comp wheel w/stage III turbine wheel 580hp
5252- 59 mm comp wheel w/stage V turbine wheel 600hp
6152- 61 mm comp wheel (with larger exducer as well) w/stage V turbine wheel 630hp

I would think the 6031 would make a descent DD with the smaller turbine wheel but still have some nice track potential, unless your just looking for numbers then the stage V wheel is probably the way to go. What kinds of spool times were you looking for, being non BB I would imagine these would all put you in the mid 4000's + range. Do you have a hp and 1/4 goal & on pump or race gas?

Low 11s is my goal on 93 with water injection. All these turbos are Precision and I was looking from extreme psi's web site. They sem to have the best prices. I have also bought a few other things from them.

What is so cool about a 60-1. Alot of people use them.

Not to make things more difficult but there is also the GT3561 (listed on Dejon's website) Its rated at 640 hp, is non BB so it well under $1000 & it uses the newest GT wheels. You have your choice on comp covers & even though it flows more then the 6152, the spool up should be abit better with the GT wheels. This turbo or any of the ones I listed above should meet your goal of low 11's on pump with meth injection. Guys have run 10's on the 3052 (BB but only 52 lb/min compressor) & 9's on the 3065 (65 lb/min comp, I believe the same turbo but BB version), just for some comparison.

Edit: Looks like definitiveno beat me on the GT3561 ;)

Thanks guys for all your posts I would give feedback but I cant see anyones feedback Icons. So Thanks though. Even if I cant give you anything for it.:coy:

Thanks again guys I went with the PTE 60-1 with the stage 3 wheel. So I finally took the plunge and bought the turbo, Tom at SBR helped me out and made me a super deal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back