The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Old guy needs advice on these new "gt" turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouch!!!! must have been a lot of fun though!

No, the fun actually stopped right that second, then i didn't get to have any till after the surgeries, the physical therapy and another year of strength building back into the beaten and torn limbs i call legs. Things are pretty good now, still on a ton of medication for my knee, back and hip :|

Woohoo!...GT3076HTA from FP!
Forced Performance: GT3076HTA Turbocharger

Not much info on this one yet, but it just went onto FP's web site yesterday or so.
I'm sure a lot of people have wondered, how cum the new stuff that's come out in the last several years hasn't blown away the old Garrett 50 trim? Well I think this one will finally do that, for anyone who can afford it ~ $1699.

Good news for current GT3076R and FP3052 owners too, because I'm sure FP will offer upgrade rebuilds for about $500 just like they are for GT3582R owners wanting to upgrade to the HTA35R. Which they are standing in line to do.
The hot-side doesn't change at all. Only difference is the light weight billet compressor wheel rated at 57 lbs/minute (vs 52 lbs/min for the regular GT3076R). Hopefully they will also have the new type anti-surge compressor cover like the HTA35R has. Anyway, it should spool quicker and make more power than the regular GT3076R.
Anybody who wants to read up on HTA, go to evolutionm.net, there's enough HTA mania there to keep you reading for days.
The Evo Green is actually the first of the HTA turbos and it's a doosey (for evos only unfortunately). The HTA35R is a screamin monster. With the GT3076HTA they have finally filled the gap between those 2. It's made for 400-550 awhp applications.
HTA3065 soon to come (GT3082R with HTA treatment).

Gary

As for the Borg-Warner S256...Finally we are starting to get the good straight-up dyno info we should have had a year or 2 ago.
The Synapse shoot-out testing is very good (on Honda-tech.com), but it's on a Honda, and they used "medium-large" a/r turbine housings on both turbos, no "medium-small" a/r housings.

So here is one I would look at, note this was done on a Mustang dyno which everybody says reads low, especially when compared with Dynojet:

BorgWarner S256 Dyno Results! - evolutionm.net

This is great because it is actually on a 4g63! and it tests 2 completely different setups, one with .55 a/r and the other with .70 a/r. Everything else in the setup is different too so you can't really use it to compare the 2 housings. But I think Keith was trying to show 2 extremes for this turbo. He thought the 2 liter 22psi .55 a/r pump-gas setup was crazy on the street (post 13). Also in post 13 he has some interesting comments about the cams used and the turbine housings vs spool.
This shop (Pure-Tuning) I think is a very good shop and I gotta thank them for helping us out here with this information.

The other shop that is starting to do something with the S256 is AGP. But they are aiming it at their Neon SRT4 customers, so that's what you would find right now for dyno info. (srtforums.com). They make their own T3 turbine housing, a .63 a/r. AGP is very active with the EvoX, I would bet they will have an S256 bolt-on kit for the X in a few months. So if you follow their thread in evolutionm.net you will probably see some more good dyno info on the S256 pretty soon but it won't be on the 4g63!

Gary

This is so cool, I gotta post it here even though it might be a little small for what turboglenn wants and it's not T3:
Forced Performance: DSM 20G-6SL2 Street/Strip Turbo

TD06SL2-20g from FP for $999!

Or you can buy one from Greddy for about $3000. Take your pick...LOL

This was also just added to their site a few days ago. Take a look. It is so purdy!

Gary

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back