The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need some answers..uh..quickly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLaserProject

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Well today I did the most stupid thing you could think of. There is a turn through a neighborhood, and due to the recent rain there was water collecting at this turn. Well like an idiot i took this turn too quick and swerved, but that is not why I'm mad at myself, the reason why I'm mad is because for some reason i did the thing you are absolutely not supposed to do when you swerve....i hit the brakes. Because of this i hit the curb hard enough to send me over it and then back to the road again, and now my car pulls to the right really bad. I cannot find my jack to look under the car well enough to find out the problem. The only thing i do know is that there is a slight damage to the left rim, and the left tire seems to be set back farther than the right. So my question is, what is the part i most likely broke and how much is it going to cost me?

damn dude.. you could have broken/bent quite a number of things... hard to say, the only way is to look under there. either way, sounds like you have some repairs to do. if you want to keep the costs down, find a local junkyard and pull parts out of there.

Luckily we have a friend that is a far better mechanic than me that is coming by tomorrow. He was expecting to replace the back brakes(i was too lazy to do it myself), but now he has another job awaiting him. It doesnt sound like anything is broken, the little i could look under the car(still cant find the jack) nothing looks broken, but you can tell something is rubbing. I guess I wont be buying some of the engine mods i was saving up for if this problem is big.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back