The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need Local Volunteer for new engine!! Read!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBR Joe

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2007
Butler/Indiana, Pennsylvania
Ok, so after me an Mike were talking about different rod ratios and rod/piston/crank combos we came up with this. We are going to use 2.0 block, 2.0 crank, 156mm Manley I beam long rod and a set of Mahle stroker pistons. This will produce a 1.77 rod ratio, almost that of a 2.1 with a 1.132 pin height. It will drop the piston in the block .010" which would be great for big lift cams, or to offset the .005"-.008" needed to ture the block/head surfaces without bumping up compression, and will rev like a damn banshee! We talked to wiseco's top dog tech and he said that that would be a bitchin setup. So were so pumped about it we are wanting to find a local (or someone that wouldnt mind bringing their car to PA) so we can build this and dyno tune it. We need someones goals or car that has the capability and parts to make 500whp or so that way we can test this to its full potential. We will only charge cost for the entire build so we can see how badass it is. This is not intended for sales purposes, only to bring yet another killer motor into the DSM/EVO community and were just willing to hook a volunteer up with the setup for what it costs us for the parts, and so we can produce some r&d results for everyone else to see. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM, were wanting to start this as soon as possible. :thumb:

Thanks!

EDIT: We would prefer a 35r or larger setup because we need to have a turbo that is capable of making power over 8000 rpms. Thanks!!

Joe

PM me with rough costs and a time frame. I have a lot of family on the east coast and have been trying to get back there for some job scouting so i can move back. So i could go to my brother's house and work with him for a few weeks unless it's going to be a month long project or more. I've even got a fresh block and head i could bring to reduce costs.

EDIT: i would be staying in Hatsburough PA, if that's hours away from you it probably won't work as i'll be stuck on a motorcycle for the duration that the car is down. But if the cost is right and my brother can put me to work, it would be a nice little vacation for me to get out of NE for a few weeks.

Yeah let me know rough costs, just took out my engine, however I only run a frankenstein stage 4 turbo. However you can have the car all summer. Car is for road racing purposes however and not for drag racing purposes...

Edit: I can easily get the car up to pennsylvania and to you guys. The frank 4 should be able to make the power!

Sounds cool! I would be in if I was a big turbo guy. I've always wanted to stop up at the shop anyways.

What the fudge is this??? who bumps something like this??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back