The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Need help with wide band

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lglracer

Supporting VIP
Jul 13, 2008
Sacramento, California
hey i have a aem wb 35-8460 and i have it hooked into pin 4 and i dont see the voltage cycling up and down on dsm link. Any suggestions? its a front mounted 02. my buddy and i have been fighting with this for the last few weeks any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked through a lot of forums but nothing has helped with getting this thing to work.

Okay, what you want to do first is make sure the wide band is working correctly. To do this take a rag with a little gasoline on it and wrap it around the o2 sensor when it is out of the front housing. You should see the gauge read and slowly go rich until it maxes out.

I have a few questions to
Is the AEM gauge set to the correct setting? on the back of the gauge it should be P004 this alters the voltage the ucu sees from the gauge.

Are you simulating the o2 sensor since you are running it in the front location?

Okay, what you want to do first is make sure the wide band is working correctly. To do this take a rag with a little gasoline on it and wrap it around the o2 sensor when it is out of the front housing. You should see the gauge read and slowly go rich until it maxes out.

I have a few questions to
Is the AEM gauge set to the correct setting? on the back of the gauge it should be P004 this alters the voltage the ucu sees from the gauge.

Are you simulating the o2 sensor since you are running it in the front location?

Widebands don't read fuel, they read oxygen. Food for thought.

They are called "air fuel ration gauges" It is a direct correlation between the amount of fuel and air present.

They are called "Air Fuel Ratio" gauges, they measure the content of oxygen inside the exhaust compared to the oxygen outside the exhaust.

You should update your profile mods.
But from your profile it says you are running a na 2g. when you removed your front oxygen sensor you should have soldered "pin 4" as you called it the signal wire into your front o2 input. You then need to tell ecm link where to get that signal from so it can plot it. A lot of the time people have troubble with getting aem gauges to read correctly. So once you get it somewhat reading you can adjust from there and run it as a raw linear wideband and mess with your lamda values.

They are called "Air Fuel Ratio" gauges, they measure the content of oxygen inside the exhaust compared to the oxygen outside the exhaust.

yeah and why is the amount of oxygen change?
Because it is being displaced by the fuel in exhaust. This is a proven method to test the sensor I am not making this up.

I have no clue why you two are trying to bash me for this I am simply trying to help this member out since he has gotten no responses and I have experienced similar issues with minimal help from the forms.

Here is a na pinout for a 2g.

2GNT.com - 1998_ECU

I didn't bash anyone. I was simply clearing up misinformation.
1)Ration is not the right word; it has an entirely different meaning.
2) The oxygen is not offset by the fuel (hydrocarbons) in the exhaust, the oxygen is offset by carbon and CO2, the byproducts of combustion.

Ps. Full combustion would leave no fuel (hydrocarbons) in the exhaust. So what would the O2 (Oxygen) sensor read then? Since the Oxygen sensor doesn't read Oxygen. Hmm, funny they call it an Oxygen sensor. I wonder why.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back