The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Need help wheel fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

757mike

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2018
Lanexa, Virginia
I have a 1g eclipse stock suspension. 1992 eclipse gsx

I am wondering on wheels if I can go 17x9 wide all the way around what would I need to do to get that to fit?
Also would 17x8.5 fit without doing anything?
Need help to see what rims I want. Thanks

I don't mind them poking out a bit. Im gonna have around 550hp to wheels and I need to hook I need more grip. Not sure to go 8 8.5 or 9. If I'm going to have to fender roll or not

You could go the common oem Evo8 wheel route (17x8) and fit 245/40-17s on them. They stick out just a tiny bit, but work just fine. I think they look ok, but that is subjective of course. I don't think you can get much wider than 245mm in a 1g without some tire poking out.

You're typically save with 17x8 or 17x9 anything beyond that look at rolling the fender. Im 18x9 +32 oofset and I had to roll the rear fender wells

Attachments

• received_2501202533273128.jpeg
    received_2501202533273128.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 124
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back