The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Need 420a ecu pin diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTNOS

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2004
scranton, Pennsylvania
I've searched but can't find the 420a ecu pin diagram. I have a chilton book and have the wire codes but I want the harness pins. Anyone?

Moved to the N/T forum.

I sure Doug has one hopefully he will post it up soon.

Which pins do you need specifically? I may be able to find some of em, but i havent been able to get em all yet...

I assume this is for a 97? NV-T350 or the slushbox?

BISHILVR said:
here, all obd2 pinouts are the same its federally mandated........www.gendan.co.uk/diagnostic/connectors.shtml
Federaly mandated, yes, but I thought it was funny how you linked to an EU site for the information, and we're not talking about the under dash connectors, we're talking about the two connectors on the harness to the ECU, which vary from year to year. :|

dr1665 said:
Federaly mandated, yes, but I thought it was funny how you linked to an EU site for the information, and we're not talking about the under dash connectors, we're talking about the two connectors on the harness to the ECU, which vary from year to year. :|
oops!!!...... i thought that you wanted the pinout for the aldl.......in which case i would be RIGHT, whether that was a eu site or not it contained the info i thought you were after... :rolleyes: :dsm:

BISHILVR said:
oops!!!...... i thought that you wanted the pinout for the aldl.......in which case i would be RIGHT, whether that was a eu site or not it contained the info i thought you were after... :rolleyes: :dsm:

Well, had this post been asking about what kinds of cheese DR1665 likes, and I said "Swiss, Cheddar, and Pepperjack," then I would be right too, but this thread was about the pin outs on the ECU connectors, not the one you posted, so though your info was correct about what it was despite being from out of country, you were still wrong and I was still right. Nanny nanny boo boo. :p Go fast with class, sir. :thumb:

your incorrect........

Attachments

• finger.gif
    finger.gif
    195 bytes · Views: 1,876
now go row, errrr...i mean drive your n/t with class...........pimp :rolleyes: :dsm:

GSGoinFast said:
i dont get it...? row?
Hmmm? Row is usually an implication that you are driving a boat. Does that mean that he is making reference to our cars being big, nonhandlers like the old boat cars of the 70's? Or is it in reference to a boat being slower? Ifigure if your going to take a cut at someone, at least make it a bit more understandable so that others can see the humor. Oh no, I get it. The humor is so sophisticated that we can't get it. Good one! :rolleyes:

i would really like to see what is behind door #'s 1 and 2 here but it says page not found im currently trying to hook up the "new style" speed sensor to my 95 trans my ecu is that from an automatic i used wires 43 44 and 66 to try and hook up the sensor but still no reading even with the car on and the sensor hooked up to a drill im thinking maybe because pin 66 the vss wire maybe doesnt do anything on the auto ecu because the speedo is controlled by the identical plugs so called "input and output speed sensors" can somone please help me i would like to have my speedo working and am getting really frustrated =[ i have a 98-99 gs auto if anyone can provide me with an accurate diagram of my ecu that would help or any type of help thanks in advanced

It's very similar, if not identical, to the '98 ECU. The wire colors did not change throughout the years, so you can always confirm the pinout by matching function to color.

i would really like to see what is behind door #'s 1 and 2 here but it says page not found im currently trying to hook up the "new style" speed sensor to my 95 trans my ecu is that from an automatic i used wires 43 44 and 66 to try and hook up the sensor but still no reading even with the car on and the sensor hooked up to a drill im thinking maybe because pin 66 the vss wire maybe doesnt do anything on the auto ecu because the speedo is controlled by the identical plugs so called "input and output speed sensors" can somone please help me i would like to have my speedo working and am getting really frustrated =[ i have a 98-99 gs auto if anyone can provide me with an accurate diagram of my ecu that would help or any type of help thanks in advanced

Ok I did the auto to manual swap on my 97 eclipse. and if you hooked it up to the correct wires and did nothing else i know what the problem should be. After you do the swap and you have hooked the speed sensor wires up to 43 44 and 66 there is one more step to make it work. Simply go to the passenger side and under the dash there is a computer for the transmission. unhook it and your set. That is how I got it working on my 97. Hope this helps.

Ok I did the auto to manual swap on my 97 eclipse. and if you hooked it up to the correct wires and did nothing else i know what the problem should be. After you do the swap and you have hooked the speed sensor wires up to 43 44 and 66 there is one more step to make it work. Simply go to the passenger side and under the dash there is a computer for the transmission. unhook it and your set. That is how I got it working on my 97. Hope this helps.
Which wires when to what pin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back