The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

My welding jobs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Much better if you ask me, although I think I needed SS wire, unsure. How does it look?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That looks quite a bit better if you ask me, keep it up. From The looks of the weld i can tell you concentrate on appearance, but try and work on watching for the amount of penetration to make sure you don't get those "cold spots" where the toes of the weld seem to blob over and not smooth in. Like i said, the last pic is much better, but you do need to keep it a tad hotter or move a little slower.

When mig welding exhaust pipe i watch the puddle and don't concetrate on the row of dimes look as much as i watch the red glowing area to keep a consistant and good penetration around the entire piece. MIG's are famouse for starting cold and finishing hot so when you start a bead, stay there a second and let it get up to heat before you more to much. I like to back step the fist 1/4 inch jus to warm it up when using .024 wire at about 60 amps or so.

Are you wearing those thick ass gloves on the welder to weld with? I have to use tight fitting emchanics gloves or none at all, it's just way to combersome in those big leathers. Try without them a bit and try a few different welding motions, looks like a stop pause go weld in the last pic...try some "C" and "8"'s too..some people say it's bad to go back into the weld but a lot of people think the exhast is as important as the space shuttle when you get into these argulements, but you will leanr that different techniques will help you on different materials because all metals don't weld alike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back