The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My TSi Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedz

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
First of all thanks to JuGs for all his help. The car IS a 6 bolt swap so that is awsome.

Got Rid of the ugly wing, and got the OEM high rise
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got rid of the Blown out 14b and got a REAL 20g turbo FRESH REBUILD

Full tune up and gaskets, and cleaned up a few wires here and there. Still working on it

Turbo is so big, It's hitting my fans blades :wiggle:

My new setup I will be running for a while, because my current shit is getto rigged and boost lost

New turbo oil line needs to be facing towards front, but I turned it around to face OEM oil line. Now it leaks BAD, so Im not driving it tilll its fixed

SS oil line to fix oil leaking issues. I have the fittings and everything to face the right direction

Pulled timing cover to see this. NOW IM REALLY not driving car till replaced. New belt in trunk :LOL:

Car doesnt smoke one bit, so the turbo was the problem from beginning. Going from a 14b to a 20g NON ebay knock off, It dont start boost till 3800 RPM and after 5psi, its all game :wiggle:. The WG is hooked straight up to the compressor and set 10psi. Hope you enjoy pics. Lots of new stuff coming and this is a nice clean ride:ropenana:

Holy shit all those parts look like I seen them somewhere. LOL Yeah man hopefully in 2 weeks I can make it back out there and do your timing for you. That belt is toast and I wanna slap who ever had this car before you. I will not let this car let you down. Ill do what I can to keep you running at its best. Im going to get my motor pulled here in a few days and start the BSE. So once thats done Ill get that blown 14b rebuilt and we can do a few pulls.

how many cars you want as a head start? hehe

um if you cant make it this weekend, I may have to take it o a shop. I cant wait 2 weeks LOL

I know how you feel. Im sure I cant make it this weekend, but ill talk with the wife and see what she says. I got most of the parts I needc to fix mine again just need crank sensor I need to get that turbo rebuilt. Im guessing another 350 and Ill have her running again.

Head start Ill give you 2 cars man you will need it.

Right path LOL who ever was the previous owner need to be slaped. I like to ghetto rig stuff/ half ass it when it comes to MY car but the way this was set up made me look like a professional. BOV was hooked to the WG/compressor housing and intake mani(never seen it that way) I heard of people doing it that way but its was totaly wrong. All the IC pipes were exhaust piping welded up/painted. Zipp ties were comming out valve cover literaly under the gasket inside the head. The turbo was a actual small 16g just it was past blown(fixable tho). I gave up everything I had to make him almost perfrect and steer away from tha mass boost leak he was having. More work need to be done and that will soon be addresses and this should be a nice running car after Im dont with it. Granted he will still be slower than me but Im ok with that.

Wow LOL, I believe there are way too many people out there that don't need wrenches in their hands ROFL and I believe the previous owner was definitely one by the way you described that

Yes he was. I cant say a whole lot but(i half ass it too) that was some of the worst work I have seen. Not even 1 t-bolt clamp(condition of turboI can see why tho) bad hook up on BOV major oil leaks(has oil pan gasket) Whom ever had the car had money to do the 6 bolt swap but didnt wanna keep it running good I guess. The head looked brand spanking new once we got VC off I mean better than a fresh rebuilt head. I was suprised from how the worked looked that the inside was so nice. Any ways Im hoping to have his car actully boosting here in a few weeks and then its time to start mine again. Ohh I almost for got hangers were holding the IC piping up too. Sorry Wickedz I have to put it out there.

Well yes Aaron you did help alot, BUT DONT FORGET I PUT AS MUCH WORK INTO THIS AS YOU HAVE. Im hoping we BOTH get our cars running right.

UPDATE as of 2/10/10

Updates, Well with all new gaskets and whatnot on the way in mail, I desided to clean it all up.

BEFORES of dirty and OIL build up

NOW all cleaned up and looking cleaner

Upgrades

Yea Paul we have done a good job on recovering the car. I hope my next week we can do timing and do a BLT and see how she boosts after all that.

I have the high rise on the car. the OEM GST wing, not that aftermarket fiberglass one

I wanted to make it to that damn meet. But after 2 weeks I wont have insurance or a motor in the car. I might not even have my car. Im in to much of a clutter f*** I might just have to get rid of it well the shell at least. Well Paul keep me updated with the progress man Im hoping next we we can do the timing and almot be done with your car. At least till fuel upgrades start comming in and getting her tuned.

Car has come a long way since the last time you posted it up with the videos. Good Luck with it!

I wanted to make it to that damn meet. But after 2 weeks I wont have insurance or a motor in the car. I might not even have my car. Im in to much of a clutter f*** I might just have to get rid of it well the shell at least. Well Paul keep me updated with the progress man Im hoping next we we can do the timing and almot be done with your car. At least till fuel upgrades start comming in and getting her tuned.

Sucks, but you can still make it out and meet us and see the cars. You'll know we we'll be if you want to show up. :cool:

can I buy your poly mounts and you ship them? PM me seriously NOW is the best time for installment when the car is up on jacks and everything out of way.

dsmtuners FTW

Just PM'ed you. It would be sweet if you guys can make it to the event on Saturday or Sunday. If you know any other DSMers let them know. 2 years ago we had 65+ DSMs.

Well I tryed to get the car up as high as I could for a better job. I still see some spots I missed, which makes me mad but what can you do.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back