The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My new triple fuel rail setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
Will be starting with the four 1150's I have had. All six secondary injectors will be stock 450cc injectors for now. The fuel pump is a Magna Fuel ProStar EFI SQ MP-4103.

Just thought I would share something that is a little different that you don't usually get to see.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Money. No one wants to sponsor a manifold and I do not want to spend the $1100 on the manifold that I want. As well as two fuel rails, a mini fuel rail kit, a large throttle body and so on and so on. It all comes down to money.

Not only that, we have put a dsm over 200mph with a stock manifold. If we can do it with a car that weighs 1040lbs more than mine, than I would like to think being at the same power level I have a shot at my 200mph goal.

I am not trying to build a 1000whp car. When it was on the dyno it did 367whp(447whp corrected). So I am far from needing something like that power wise. Ultimate goal is 550-650whp. 500whp uncorrected at altitude would make me happy and fulfill my needs.

I would like to see 50+psi some day. I am capable of building a car with such horsepower, but it is just not that easy. I am not leaving anyting on the table. I don't want to say man I wish I would have put this or that in the car. I want to show up to a land speed event knowing that I have put all my effort into ensuring that I will run over 200mph. I am not trying to drive 800 miles, 1100 miles, or 2100 miles and run 199mph.

As I told you before, I am a regular guy and nothing is handed to me. I have to make due with what I have. I enjoy everything about my car and I am satisfied with the way the build has gone. I feel the steps I have taken are the right steps. So yes, I do feel that twin BOV's is the best thing for my cars future.

Pushlock's all over dang! Looks like a really good job, your colt looks pretty hacked up, got any pics of the rest of the build?
Been to the the salt flats before with anything?

Explain to me what is hacked up? There is some metal removed here and there like for the exhuast that goes out the fender, as far as a hack job, I take offense to that if that is what you meant. I like to think as well as all the friends who work on it that it is very tidy(at least it was until the new fuel system went in). Super easy to work on. Minimal wiring harness now. Removed 47 pounds of wiring from the car. It is not the prettiest harness, but all I have it wire and tape.

I have been to bonneville three times and the texas mile twice. I have not run any of my cars though. Just been pit crew on my best friend's cars. We put a dsm over 200mph in 2008. And backed it up again this year.

If you are interested I keep a nice little log on the Redirecting... forum.

Here is the link.

Mirage Turbo/Colt GT • View topic - Biglady's update thread

Nono, I mean the hood and such, cut up hack not a hack job =P Really good job on the pushlocks, looks really neat especially with the waterpump setup.

Watch out kids, flamethrower!

Pure sweet.

Oh, I had to do that when I was forced to turn the wastegate dump 180* and send it out of the hood. I welded a snorkel to the inlet of the turbo and put a -10an fitting on it. I also put a -10 on the valve cover so I could get rid of the vented to atmosphere catch can and go back to a vacuum setup. The bracing on the under side of the hood would not allow for a nice round hole without jacking the hood up. So I just removed all the bracing.

I have had the car for over three years and just finally moved the battery to the back to accomodate the new fuel system. I did everything in my power to keep it up front. I try and preserve the rarity of the car the best I can. But some things I just had no choice as I wanted them in the car at all costs. Such is racing though.

Funny you mention that. Here is a neat little video showing it.

Now that the wastegate goes out the hood, it shoots a flame as tall as the roof now. On each shift and when I let off. Obviously night time is the best time to view the show.

YouTube - biglady112's Channel

That he was me. As soon as I got in the car I let it rip. It was rolling in second gear. My friend could not get the camera to record, so I had to do it, but I was already about to make my pull. I had to just leave it in gear and run out and run back.

But yea, 1.6L and a off the shelf HX52=huge lag. But it is well worth the wait to me. I love laggy setups. Leaves you smiling and suprised every time. Not to mention, this thing spools and makes power where I need it to, to pull the big gears for LSR type mph. And to think, I am going bigger once the car is complete. Something in the 74-80mm range. Teehee, can't wait.

At this point, why are you sticking with an OEM intake manifold?

Nevermind the little one. I'm sure he has a DVDT manifold he wants to sell you. . . he's jsut pissed you don't have an FP turbo or something. Heaven forbid something PTE is on your car :rolleyes:

I completely see what you're trying to do and the 1g intake manifold just might fit the bill. Good stuff, mang. The 450s should give you really fast response and nice idle.

Even worse, I run a Holset. The 1150's are the primaries, the 450s' are the secondaries. So either way, for right now I should have good idle as the 1150's have been in for a few years. I may just kep them for this reason when I pick up the 1600's for the secondaries. At least I am thinking that now.

I have a couple of comments/questions. I'm not trying to put down any of your work. I do appreciate the workmanship but I'm curious about some of the design decisions.

When the throttle closes and the BOVs open, what will happen with the fuel that had been trapped between the BOVs and throttle plate, if any? Would you be spraying finely atomized fuel all over the engine bay or will the fuel be safely past the closed throttle plate before the BOVs open?

Are the dsm injectors the 1st or 2nd generation? I have read somewhere that the 1g injectors shoot two streams and the 2g injectors shoot one; please correct me if I'm wrong. Most setups that I've seen try to inject the fuel parallel to the air flow so the fuel stays atomized and in the air stream and not wet the walls. To me it appears that the fuel will be injected against the wall of the IM. The impact of fuel with the wall may help atomize the drops but some may stay attached to the wall leading to the inconsistent amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber. I have seen some people with ITBs injecting fuel at the air horn of a long but straight IM and gain power.

Thanks.

(6*450)/4=675. Total effective fuel injector 1775cc/min.

A lot of work when you could just have 1600's, or even the 2k's. 2k's you can idle like stock! Lots of good, clean work, but doesn't seem cost/time effective.

I am sure there will be fuel release, wouldn't any water/meth injected car run the same risk? I run a throttle plate and I just don't see a way around this. Unless I figure out how to make a 4G61 a diesel.

As far as design, it was because of package constraints. The hood, firewall and rear mounted alternator extremely limit me to where I can run something like this. Guys running large plenum sheet metal intakes often have clearence issues with the firewall on our cars. So there just plain and simple is not enough room.

Tom as far as being cost effective, I assure you that this was affordable. I could have cheaped out on the pump and line setup, but that was not the purpose here. I want to ensure I will have enough fueling for what I am trying to do.

And as far as the fuel flow amount, fret not, the car is being converted to methonal in 2010 and the car will live with 10 1600cc injectors. Or at least 8 1600's and the existing 1150's. The $1500+ for injectors at this time could be better spent on the neccessary safety requirements that my car has needed for a long time. And this way it gives me a chance to start small and learn the staged injection and to get it setup correctly at low boost rather than be tempted knowing I have enough to go crazy right away. Baby steps.

As far as the 1g vs 2g injectors, they should mechanically be the same. I have been doing this for ten years and have never seen it anotated that they were different. Aside from holding dozens of sets in my hands, I don't see how the injectors themselves differ. Color should be all the is different.

Last edited:
Is this right hand drive? Early picture shows the brake master cyl on the passenger side.

And as far as the fuel flow amount, fret not, the car is being converted to methonal in 2010 and the car will live with 10 1600cc injectors. Or at least 8 1600's and the existing 1150's. The $1500+ for injectors at this time could be better spent on the neccessary safety requirements that my car has needed for a long time. And this way it gives me a chance to start small and learn the staged injection and to get it setup correctly at low boost rather than be tempted knowing I have enough to go crazy right away. Baby steps.
You should look into the ID2000 injectors. They are the perfect injectors for a methonal set up. These injectors flow a huge amount of fuel and you will more than likely only need 4 of them. Check them out if you have not already. :thumb:
Injector Dynamics

Are the dsm injectors the 1st or 2nd generation? I have read somewhere that the 1g injectors shoot two streams and the 2g injectors shoot one; please correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks.

You are wrong....
1g's have a pintle style injector and only spray 1 steam of fuel....
2g's have 2 streams shooting out thus better fuel atomization...

Sorry I missed your replies.

Thanks. I am running V3 ecmlink. It has the ability to control a second bank of injectors globally.

The car is not right hand drive. Everywhere else in the world it is, thus the master cylinder being on the right. It has a funky bar that runs across the firewall for the brakes.

I have no interest in the ID injectors. This car will end up with 10 1600's or 8 1600's and the current 1150's. That is all I need and is all I have set out to use.

I make it to bandimere all the time. There is even video of me running my car on youtube there.

Well fan####ingtastic news. Got the car started today. I am 98% done with this round. I have to clean the wiring up a little and bleed the cooling system. After that, we begin the next large project. Parts are on order for that.

Here is the worst video of your life.

YouTube - 10 injector startup.avi

Not only that, we have put a dsm over 200mph with a stock manifold. If we can do it with a car that weighs 1040lbs more than mine, than I would like to think being at the same power level I have a shot at my 200mph goal.

If you've gone 200mph I hope you would know that weight has nothing to do with top speed. It's all HP, gearing and drag. Unless your doing the Texas mile or something where there is only a limited amount of distance/time for you to reach that maximum speed, then a car that weighs a third less should get there a bit faster.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back