The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My first dsm build 96 eclipse rs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstdsm2g

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2013
fairmont, Minnesota
Well a few weeks ago I traded my 79 Chevy truck for a 96 eclipse.
The car is in ok shape not any rust I can see so that's a plus. The car came from a young kid who beat the snot out of it. I was up for a challenge so I traded him for it. When I got it it had a blown motor missing parts all over like front bumper, part to the motor, plastics for the inside and what not. Orders my na motor for 6 got that in last week and picked it up fri. Started the removal of the rest I've the motor witch was a pita. Removed some unwanted stuff like ac and all the lines for it. So I'm on the garage with my chain hoist and some ratchet straps thinking how I'm going to lift this motor in to the car. With the but checks clenched I lifted the motor in and used my straps to get it in place. Trust me scary assss crap but it worked I was both amassed and shocked. Set the new motor in got it all bolted in wired up. I unpluged the coil and injectors and filled it up with cheap oil put antifreeze in it cranked if for a few to get the juices flowing topped all of plugged coil and injectors back in and she fires right up. The idles still a lil bit hight have vacuole leaks and lines not hooked up but she is running with no lights on. So now I have to finish putting other stuff on like alt power steering hook the exaughst up and other small stuff.

Sorry about no pics I can't upload the for some reason.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back