The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

420A My car started up then died won't turn on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empire19901990

Probationary Member
May 7, 2021
Bakersfield, California
Hello I'm new to the dsm life I bought a 95 eclipse with a 420a engine one day I started up the car then it just died now it won't start I changed cam sensor crank sensor ecu asd and fuel relay checked fuses there all good I have to jump the asd relay to get power to my coil and injectors but I don't get no pulse to the injectors or spark to plugs coil works when I send a ground signal to it lil bit of gas in cylinders it backfires a lil when I send ground to coil plus my fuel pump don't turn on unless I jump the relay

have you checked the mechanical timing/timing belt?

The timing belt looks new but I only checked cam timing imma pull the covers off to see the crank timing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back