The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Modern Automotive Performance heads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asd_gst

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2008
port royal, South_Carolina
ok so i've been looking all around for someone/ somewhere to get a head built by, i came across Modern Automotive Performance. Has anyone had head work done by them? or block work? i dont want to spend hundreds of $ on something no one can back up or give me good reviews for. so anyone had work for head or block by them?

MAP is a reliable sponsor and you should have no reason to doubt the quality they deliver....

have you had work done by them i really want to know if its cost efficient. i dont want to pay around a $1,000 when i could get it done for around 400. so is it really worth the price?

I trust MAP with my car and my life....which is the same thing in reality

You get what you pay for dont expect MAP to lower there quality just for you. You dont need a big port head in our cars to perform well. Just get a stage 2 job done from them and thats it . There are many 9 second dsms out there running on stock valves and stock ports.
The quality of the valve job is far better off than any porting you get.
MAP is a great company and I would not hesitate to run there short blocks or heads.

I've purchased parts from MAP and sought advice. They've never disappointed me. They also do have a good reputation locally. They're good people and they know DSM's.

Definately agree! Chris is the man and all the people who work at MAP know what they're doing and what they're talking about. Would you hesitate to buy something from someone with a 912 whp FD RX-7 with a 4g63? Needless to say I've done a lot of ordering from Chris and sought alot of advice from him and they've always been prompt and helped me out with everything I needed! You definately won't be disappointed.

Those guys are awesome and have multiple powerful DSMs, also noting a swap they have done doesn't really make it clear that they know what to do with Head work, but the fact that every dsm those guys own is really quick.

Quicker than my 11.7

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back