The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Heads,Heads and more heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miragetbo1997cc

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2002
Perris, California
A few guys at the 4G61T.org have been measureing cc sizes in the heads of different 4Gxx engines.One thing that stands out is that the 1.6 head has a smaller chamber .Thus raising compression.There are rumors that the 1.6 head has smaller runners than a 1G but bigger than a 2G.Kinda like a Evo head..I scraped my 4G61 along time ago.If this does raise the compression ,then you guys need to find heads off first gen Elantras.Im going to test this theory.I'm going to find a 1.6 elantra head and take measurements.Anyone else tried it?
http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12806

Someone PLEASE confirm this... i have a 1g head waiting on me, but im gonna get what he is talkin bout if its true !

this is from the link above. fourth post down

at school i measured out the 61t head at 42-43cc's

there you go!

so i hope that helps you guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back