The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Milling cylinder head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanix565

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 19, 2009
Pawtucket, Rhode_Island
so after getting my head milled im trying to figure out how much compression ive gained if any

7 bolt head ported/polished and milled .015
block resurfaced .003 material removed

this gives me a total of .018 total removed height

im running evo 8 rods and pistons which with a stock dsm head nt a 8.3.1 compression ratio..

stock head gasket thickness is .050 and ill be running stock size head gasket

will I get a noticeable increase in compression id like to gain a bit what do you guys think

Were the combustion chambers polished?

Were the valve seats cut/ground? This sinks the valve and will open the combustion chamber.

With a .050 thick HG, that sounds like a Cometic. Or are you talking about non-compressed thickness? Most stock composite HG compress to .039

What is the piston to deck measurement?

With out given measurements and volumes.... there is no way of knowing what the CR is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back