The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

might be moving back to my home state from NY just will be in the springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmTripp

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2009
Palm Bay, Florida
Any info on emission testing would be great. And hows the dsm scene in the springs? Pretty much looking to get info on all the springs has to offer.

Any info on emission testing would be great. And hows the dsm scene in the springs? Pretty much looking to get info on all the springs has to offer.

I can't speak for the Springs, but Denver isn't too bad on Emissions. The visual checks are pretty loose (just make sure you have a cat and all your O2 sensors) and that your maintenance is good, and you should be fine.

As stated, no emissions in Springs :D The DSM scene is a little sterile though. I've attempted to start meets and been let down. Everyone seems to have something come up at the last minute or just don't care. I've given up form now, until I see others show some real interest in doing this.

I lived in Watertown for a year, didn't like it...

Yea this place sucks thats why im moving... just waiting on tax season for the funds to get out there and a job opening on the airfield at carson. When i get out there though i would be down on meeting up. But it might be a few minutes befor my car is out and about since its been on jacks for the past two years

I just left the Springs/Carson 30 days ago. Personally, I didn't like it cause of the consistent weather change but I'm originally from Cali and spent alot of time in Hawaii. It seemed everytime I worked on my 1G or doing custom audio installs, it would either be too cold or it started raining.
I lived on Carson.....even though I stayed in the nicer housing area because of my rank, I couldn't stand it.
I have a few friends/Soldiers that have nice homes out past the Colorado Springs annex or in Fountain.

Lol used to be army work for dyn corp on fort drums airfield as a civ right now hoping at the beginning of the year i can get hired on out there with urs

Uh60-ch47 a little Apache and oh58 work.. ive worked reset and i am on the division side of the house right now working with the actual units . "general mechanic" not a sheet metal guy but can do it a little and i definitely dont play with electrical. Ive done the whole fuel cell/ confined space thing and im licensed to tow aircraft and drive on the flight line amongst licensed on many other things. What can i say im an aviation guy.... though i hate not flying any more. That just plain sucks!!!

I heard you all are getting your last reset bird in soon then will be working support until the beginning of the year when the unit starts bringing aircraft up? If i had the money right now and my girl did have this semester of college to finish i would try and move now.... i just dont want to get out there with the family and not have a job 6 months down the road.

Yeah, the acft I'm on right now was supposed to be the last reset bird, but now there's one more coming in. You've heard correct about the installation support going on after that. We already have one crew working on some Apaches for that. My only concern that doesn't seem to make sense, is all the inbound work we get told about, yet there's nowhere to store the birds. Supposedly there's going to be new hangers built, so my hanger and the one up the street can be torn down and rebuilt, but nothing has happened yet. All the acft we get told about keep getting pushed back too.

Thats not really good news for me as far as job stability... that sucks... how bad they hurting for gm's because on their site they only have a ti slot open

Yea i got a buddy who worked with me here out there right now... ive already been looking at places to rent and all and keep checkin the site everyday LOL

I'm actually going there to be part of the new air wing unit being officially stood up this fiscal year. If you end up coming out, Tripp, that would be at least three of us in the area.

All depends if i get a job that is stable at carson. Due to the fact that i got seniority here at my current job site im pretty safe from any layoffs or other possible job loss. Moving the family out to colorado i will be doing the same thing i am here but so far im unsure of the job Security if you know what mean. But as of right now im waiting for positions to open up and tax time so i will have the money to move. And as far as my spyder goes it will need a little reviving since its been on jacks for the last two years. Nothing major just little stuff and then tune with dsmlink.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back