The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Meth Injection Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGenTSi

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2005
Austin, Texas
I'm going to be using my stock washer bottle in the engine bay for my injection system and was wondering what you guys thought about mounting the pump here. (There isn't really anywhere else to mount that is below the reservoir.) It isn't going to scrape on curbs or anything and I assume the pump should be 100% waterproof. Where are the rest of the 1g's using stock bottle mounting the pump?

Attachments

• Pump1.JPG
    Pump1.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 807
  • Pump2.JPG
    Pump2.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 810
  • Pump3.JPG
    Pump3.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 805
I mounted mine in the same spot on my old 1g and it was fine.

There's a little more room to mount it on the passenger side where the sidemount was, but don't I want the pump to be as close to the reservoir as possible?

Those pumps are self priming for up to 10feet so it would be ok. but i'd leave it where you have it.

Behold!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Great place for it, tucked in the bumper out of sight.

In a car environment you can pretty much mount a pump anywhere it will fit. They can self prime as stated above 10ft vertical. But when you run into tanks mounted in the trunk and pumps up front etc. Its best to try to get some gravity feeding going on to help the pump the first go around with dry lines.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back