The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Made 859 whp on my Talon with a PTE 6266

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vassil

20+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2002
Winona, Minnesota
My Talon is finally all put together and I went to the dyno for the second time this year (had oil pump issues a month ago). I was more than pleasantly surprised with the results. Shane Ziegler tuned the car and it put down some serious numbers on DB Performance's dyno. Precisely speaking - 859.8 WHP and 642 ft/lb at 35.2 psi of boost. That was the number in Shootout Mode (Dynojet Guestimate). The actual DynoDynamics numbers were 740.2 WHP and 563 ft/lb. I am super excited about it and it couldn't have happened at a better time, since it was my actual birthday. The essential mods are 2.4 long rod G4CS with Pauter/Ross 9:1 combo, Keflord 276/280, Magnus Cast intake, 2150s, twin walbros, Punishement header, DBB PTE 6266, Garret 4" thick FMIC and DSMLink v3 running speed density. The run was done on straight E98.

A detailed list of every single modification to the car is on my website at: Race Car

The car weighs 2660 without me in it, I am around 180-ish. Last year I ran a best of 10.38@142 with a 1.71 60' time (1/8 mile trap was 111). At that time it made 657 WHP and it had a very tired 2.0 in it. It has a Shep stage 4 trans with a GearDrive Quartermaster, but my t-case, rear diff and axles are stock. I hope that if I preload everything and I am nice to it, it can run a 9.9x. Hopefully it all works out.

Big thanks to Jake Vogel for spending countless hours with me in the shop working on the car and Shane for the tuning it.

Here is a video of the dyno pulls:

Vassil's Eagle Talon PTE 6266 859.9 WHP 642 lb/ft Torque - YouTube

Here are some pictures of the car and the dyno sheets:

http://www.bulfab.com/SiteImages/740.jpg
http://www.bulfab.com/SiteImages/859.jpg

Mad respect dude! Not only are they nice numbers, but inspiring too. Keep it up :D:thumb:

EPIC!!!! Congrats on those numbers... Happy late birthday too :hellyeah:

1. Congrats, that is awesome.
2. How high were you revving? Sounded like the moon.
3. Honestly.....Its scary to see an AWD car move forward like that on a AWD dyno XD

Jealous! Want to meet sometime? I want to see that thing bad! Winona isn't too far, I spend all my time in lacresent/lacrosse anyway, and just got mine back together 2 days ago. Or if your interested in a helping hand, I'm always willing to put in time under the hood! :hellyeah:

Nice #s, i think it would make around 740 on a dynojet those 800+ sound very inflated, considering i maxed out my twin 255s with a boost a pump at 750awhp with the same injectors/turbo.

1. Congrats, that is awesome.
2. How high were you revving? Sounded like the moon.
3. Honestly.....Its scary to see an AWD car move forward like that on a AWD dyno XD

Dyno sheet shows it cut before 8k. Honestly, I was going to ask why you're not taking it FURTHER? with the long rod, I'd think even 8700 is being conservative? Considering its making peak torque just shy of 5700, I think reving out to 8700 gives you a GREAT powerband for the numbers you're making. Once again, why I still say the long rod 2.4 is the best street setup.

Nice #s, i think it would make around 740 on a dynojet those 800+ sound very inflated, considering i maxed out my twin 255s with a boost a pump at 750awhp with the same injectors/turbo.

It made 740awhp on a Dyno Dynamics... They are usually a lot lower than dyno jet and mustang dyno's. In shootout mode (comparable to dyno jet numbers) it came out at 859.

Mark Leasures Evo with the same turbo made 656awhp on the dyno dynamics at the same shop. He also dynoed at MAP on their dyno jet and made 771awhp. Same setup, no changes. So we'd like to think its pretty damn close.

Dyno sheet shows it cut before 8k. Honestly, I was going to ask why you're not taking it FURTHER? with the long rod, I'd think even 8700 is being conservative? Considering its making peak torque just shy of 5700, I think reving out to 8700 gives you a GREAT powerband for the numbers you're making. Once again, why I still say the long rod 2.4 is the best street setup.

Rev'd the motor to 8500 just to be safe and hope thats high enough for the top of 4th through the traps...

Track day this Saturday, so hopefully he can hit a 9.

It made 740awhp on a Dyno Dynamics... They are usually a lot lower than dyno jet and mustang dyno's. In shootout mode (comparable to dyno jet numbers) it came out at 859.

Mark Leasures Evo with the same turbo made 656awhp on the dyno dynamics at the same shop. He also dynoed at MAP on their dyno jet and made 771awhp. Same setup, no changes. So we'd like to think its pretty damn close.

Well then i don't like to clutter a thread but just surprising that it will make 120+hp more hp then other comparable cars and mine at the same boost level with a fuel pump setup that should not support almost 900awhp especially with the car on e98.

In any case the track will tell if the car is making 860awhp it should go 160mph in the 1/4 at that weight level.

Well then i don't like to clutter a thread but just surprising that it will make 120+hp more hp then other comparable cars and mine at the same boost level with a fuel pump setup that should not support almost 900awhp especially with the car on e98.

In any case the track will tell if the car is making 860awhp it should go 160mph in the 1/4 at that weight level.

I completely agree... We were hoping for 77x like the other local here made on the same turbo. When he shot by that with no issues, we were very surprised as you can see by the video and me jumping for joy like a moron in the back ground. hahaha... Was pretty excited to see all the hard work and issues we had earlier pay off.

He did run out of pump, at 35psi... So we turned it back to 32 to be safe in case one of the pumps has any hiccup or something.

I sure as hell hope it hits 9.xx @ 15x.xx at least! We'll see tomorrow!

He's also on a 2.4 vs ypur 2.0. The displacement should allow him to make more airflow at lower boost.

Rev'd the motor to 8500 just to be safe and hope thats high enough for the top of 4th through the traps...

Track day this Saturday, so hopefully he can hit a 9.

Listen, Go to the track and post the time because the track tell the truth and nuthin butt D truth shut the haters up before they get started;). Good job:thumb:

Isn't he at like a crazy high elevation though? That's why I was asking what kind of power he was making when he ran his profile time, to have something to compare it to at his elevation. If you look at what he trapped back then at it was even low for the power he was making on the hx35. I'd say a 160mph trap is outta the question.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back