The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Made 473 whp on 93 octane

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroh

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2002
Freeport, Illinois

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 222
Copied his mods from his profile for others to see.

Bolt-on Modifications:#Garrett GT3582r, DNP Header, Tial Wastegate, FRH intake manifold, Tial Blowoff Valve, Ets Front Mount Race Intercooler and 2.5in piping, Megan Racing downpipe and exhaust, Walbaro Fuel pump and rewire, FIC 1150cc injectors, Fuel Lab AFPR, Boost controller, CX Racing Radiator, Oil cooler

Engine Management:#Ecmlink V3, Boost gauge, A/F ratio gauge, oil pressure gauge Speed Density

Engine Internals:#2.4L G4CS block with 4G63 head, Stock crank, Wiseco Pistons, Eagle rods, O-ringed Block, Balance shaft removed, Port and polished head, 1mm oversize valves, Crower springs, HKS 272 cams

you made some great numbers.

E85 or meth will be next. I'm not sure which route I want to go. I will also need a better clutch if I make any more power.

as for this, i would add the meth kit. i have been trying to make up my mind for a while now and after talking a a few evo8 guys in my area running e85, its not worth the extra work and hassle of everything. get the meth kit, go get it retuned and get over 500awhp. the evo8 guys were saying it cost a lot to make it e85 ready and the e85 is like sludge in your fuel tank because its made from corn.

you made some great numbers.

as for this, i would add the meth kit. i have been trying to make up my mind for a while now and after talking a a few evo8 guys in my area running e85, its not worth the extra work and hassle of everything. get the meth kit, go get it retuned and get over 500awhp. the evo8 guys were saying it cost a lot to make it e85 ready and the e85 is like sludge in your fuel tank because its made from corn.

As someone who has run both.. this could not be more inaccurate. Constantly monitoring a small meth reservoir, the money for failsafes, solenoids, etc you are better off spending the money on a pump, injectors and filter for converting to Ethanol.

What does this: "e85 is like sludge in your fuel tank because its made from corn."

Even mean? That honestly does not make any sense, and is obviously not true.

I still have a 3 nozzle progressive injection system in the car but now that I run E85 full time it is just for running straight water on long pulls at high boost to keep the cylinder head cool and EGTs where I want them.

OP, If you have the option to run E85. do it. Good numbers by the way!

I think an E85 discussion is better had on the board so that others may share their experience and folks searching in the future would benefit from it. What would you like to know?

As someone who has run both.. this could not be more inaccurate. Constantly monitoring a small meth reservoir, the money for failsafes, solenoids, etc you are better off spending the money on a pump, injectors and filter for converting to Ethanol.

What does this: "e85 is like sludge in your fuel tank because its made from corn."

Even mean? That honestly does not make any sense, and is obviously not true.

I still have a 3 nozzle progressive injection system in the car but now that I run E85 full time it is just for running straight water on long pulls at high boost to keep the cylinder head cool and EGTs where I want them.

OP, If you have the option to run E85. do it. Good numbers by the way!

Maybe he is referring to black goo, which accumulate in the injectors, not sits in fuel tank.?

I'd seitch to e85 in a minute if it was readily avalible near me. Might need a wally 450, but would stillrun great on my cirrent system.

Fic2150s
-8 fuel lab filter
-6 Aeromotive a1000 from rail.

Should work fine in my opinion. I'd rather run race gas than methanol. Too much a pain and a consistent hassle to monitor. Less fluids you have to worry about the better.

Maybe he is referring to black goo, which accumulate in the injectors, not sits in fuel tank.?

I'd seitch to e85 in a minute if it was readily avalible near me. Might need a wally 450, but would stillrun great on my cirrent system.

Fic2150s
-8 fuel lab filter
-6 Aeromotive a1000 from rail.

Should work fine in my opinion. I'd rather run race gas than methanol. Too much a pain and a consistent hassle to monitor. Less fluids you have to worry about the better.

Youre more than set for e85. Youve got the best injectors you can buy. A walbro 450 is an amazing pump. Its also less noisy than a 255 from my experience. go figure. But, if ya cant get e85 ya cant get it. Big turbo, big hotside and 93 is best for you. Then you could sell the 2150s if you wanted. No way youd come close to maxing those on pump gas or pump gas/meth. Ill take those "unnecessary" 2150s off ## hands hehehe

Oh and btw, side note for those who are interested: e85 in the midwest, tested at 3 stations personally, is right around e70 now. I guess theyre distributing winter mix now. Not that it matters, just tweak globals a little or you'll be a touch rich i believe.

Awesome numbers on pump gas! 35R is a great turbo all around. FRH intake manifold FTW, that's what I run too ;)

could you PM me with a bunch of e85 info then, from your personal experience. i wanted to go e85 and ditch my meth kit and then i heard all of this. im getting an e85 pump in town soon and was thinking of converting. only reason i added my 2 cents.

If you need that much info on E85 and you've never ran it yourself, why would you post so much BS bashing it in your previous post? Reminds of why I hardly ever participate in the forums anymore. If you don't have first hand experience with something, don't regurgitate BS shit you've "read online." It doesn't help the community or your credibility.

FRH manifold is the only one I have ever run because Dale is a good friend of mine and we work together. He also ported my head. LOL

Same here, I bought my FRH manifold new from Dale like 8 years ago and have yet to see the need of replacing it with something else. Its a great piece of work especially when it was priced right :thumb:

Same here, I bought my FRH manifold new from Dale like 8 years ago and have yet to see the need of replacing it with something else. Its a great piece of work especially when it was priced right :thumb:

Nice! I got mine used a little over a year ago, but I was specifically looking for one forever before that. Works great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back