The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

loud exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzardtalon

Probationary Member
Jul 9, 2013
fort white, Florida
why is my car so quite?? it has no cat and no muffler yet its still so quite??? how can i get some sound out of this thing without going to an open dp LOL

How loud and whats on it now pick up nice muffler lots to pick from, or a aftermarket one there easy to find, no need for a open dp and, do you want people to hear you coming?

LOL i want it loud but not retarded loud LOL im a cop so i cant be breaking to many laws...but right now it had all stock tubing but the cat is gutted and the muffler was replaced with stight pipe and 3.5in tip out the rear.....and its very quite i know this is due to the turbo but why are evos and other turbo cars so much louder??

I don't like being loud. But with my setup only way not be be loud is if I put my cat back on or get a cutout. It's not going to be really loud at idle. But have to drive it with an open dump?

I found that the smaller the exhaust piping the louder for some reason. On my automatic, I had stock piping catless and no resonators to a 3" autozone poop can and it would vibrate your clothes if you stood within 2 feet of the car, on my 5-speed it was catless and resonator less 3" piping from turbo back to 4" poop can (unknown brand) but it was so much quiter, but had a better tone. I honestly LOVE how these cars sound with no muffler on them, it just gets annoying on a 7 hour one-way drive (done it)

Really loud= external wastegate with atmosphere dump+3" turbo back exhaust.

Loud= 3" turbo back exhaust

Kinda loud= 3" catback

Not so loud= gut cat and cut muffler off

A cop with no cat LOL life just gets better and better... just run open downpipe 3 inch and open wastegate dump.

It must be the stock piping/resonators keeping it so quiet. I have nothing but 3" pipe front to back. No mufflers, resonators, fart cans, etc and it is LOUD. The sound of my Holset winding down echoes off buildings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqMyUyloAc]'92 TSi AWD straight pipe idle, rev - YouTube[/ame]

Lol the problem with my car is its too loud.. Never heard of someone saying they want it louder

Removed stock muffler off stock N/T once... Got pulled over for loud exhaust (while keeping the car under 3000 RPM).

Gotta say, straight pipe with turbo sounds good. Straight pipe makes an N/T sound like an old Ford tractor while idling.

It must be the stock piping/resonators keeping it so quiet. I have nothing but 3" pipe front to back. No mufflers, resonators, fart cans, etc and it is LOUD. The sound of my Holset winding down echoes off buildings.

The sound of winding down/down spool etc. Is by FAR probably the best part about having a turboed car.

This is my favourite sound:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXvslyLbPvk]Semi Truck Sounding DSM[/ame]

Try a 4" exhaust straight out of the front bumper.

As a street vehicle, it would be very nice and loud till he passes out from the exhaust fumes ROFL.

I've seen WAYY too many Honda###s with that same setup.

The sound of winding down/down spool etc. Is by FAR probably the best part about having a turboed car.

Semi Truck Sounding DSM

As a street vehicle, it would be very nice and loud till he passes out from the exhaust fumes ROFL.

Probably not a wise choice of a video to post. But yea I also like that sound. But then it's a dead giveaway that I'm turbo charged

My suggestion will be -run out external wastegate dump pipe out of the side of the front bumper, and run straight exhaust pipe from turbo out of the same side of the front bumper next to wastegate dump pipe. Then get a ecmlink,activate "antilag" option,richen up afr at low throttle and you will have "an ultimate loud as fu*k" exhaust.:hellyeah: With rich low throttle afr the car will be backfiring and shooting some flames out at low speed driving. With wastegates dump pipe routed out the front bumper at wot you will be driving peeps crazy passing them. With antilag you will be loud while launching

well i do like the sound it has now it just isnt loud enough LOL and i guess the only way is out the bumper or 3" straight

Semi Truck Sounding DSM

How is that dsm so loud?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back