The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

lean when let off throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
I am having a slight tuning issue whenever I let off the gas when I am driving on matter what rpm I let off at or how fast I am going my wideband goes all the way lean and will stay there until I give it more gas. When I am at idle though when the car is not moving the AFR is around 14.2-14.6. Fuel trims are adjusted good. The car holds idle good but the ISC position will not stay at or around 30 like it is supposed to. Its more like 60-70. I am using dsmlink with narrowband simulation with an autometer wideband. I also did the FIAV mod and still using a ISC sensor. Any ideas to why it is doing this would help. Also if i put it in neutral while driving the rpms stay at around 1500 until I let it idle for a few seconds then the idle drops back to 1000 where it should be.

So what's wrong with that??:confused: Every time you lift the throttle your wideband is supposed to read lean. Sounds like normal operation to me.:D

This is normal. The ECU shuts off fuel when you take your foot off the fuel injectors while leaving the car in gear. As far as i know all cars do that.

Yes, when you let off the throttle. You will go full lean, because the ECU cuts fuel.

As for the idle rpm issue. Sounds like a bad IAC (ISC). Try disconnecting it, and driving.

Disconnect the plug, set your idle, and then drive it around.

The ISC could be bad and stuck some what open.

Thanks for the responses. I know that the car will go lean after you let off the gas but I always thought if you let off the gas while you are driving and you are cruising/under a load, while giving it no gas, the car should not be all the way lean. I figured it would be somewhere close to 14.7. I guess I'm wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back