The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A good body shop will use a peice of metal and weld it in then bondo it. Pick up a issue of Import Tuners and look though the articles. You will find a kit. A good kit will include the popers and all the wiring.

You asked for opinions so here is mine: I have never seen a 1g with lambo doors that looked good. It just doesn't look right. Only a select few 2g's look good with lambo doors IMO. Shaved doors wouldn't look bad, but you have to get used to them. It'll teach you quick to never sit your keys down anywhere in your car. It is nice when it's raining out though so the door is already on the way to being open when you get there. It sucks though when you somehow pop the door unknowingly when you're not right by the car and your door sits open inviting others inside.

Any good experiences with lambo doors? Where did you get them from and how much did you pay. Post pitchures if you got them...

I'd go with the sheep or goat doors myself. :D

I will sell you a 50lb bag of shit for a grand and you'll get the same results. Everyone will be looking at you, which is obviously what you want. Because a swarm of maggots and flys will follow you everywhere like papparazzi. This will draw lots of attention. Then all the dead weight of Lamorghini doors will be covered by the fact that it's 50lbs of shit. Oh and to make the doors a pain I'll toss in some bungee cords that we can strap from the door panels to the steering wheel so it's a challenge to get in and out just like the real thing? Deal? I will install it for free and include the ULTIMATE JDM sticker.

If thats your thing by all means go for it but the only kit I ever recall seeing a price for was a grand. Thats insane if you ask me, especially just to make the doors open differently. To me it just says I am to poor to buy a Diablo to make up for my small wanker but I'll at least have my doors open like they do.

ROFL And no whining people, it's a joke.

You want big heavy weird doors, go for it.

How much do those things weigh anyways? I bought a CF hood and will be getting forged wheels for weigh loss. I was going to get the lambo doors but if they weigh 50 fricking pounds, hell with it.

I know a local member on here with lambo doors, looks cool!

Hello i have lambo's on my 2g and they really dont weigh 50 pounds they are a little heavier than the stock setup but if your worried about the 10-15 pound differance go on a diet. The kit i have is from VDI verticle doors incorporated. THe only reason i really got these was because i got a hell of a deal on them 300 shipped brand new if i provided pics for the shops website so i really couldnt refuse. the hinges and shocks are good quality and bolt up perfectly the only real problem i have with them is people never know how to close them properly and if its real cold the shocks lose some of their strength and make the doors kinda heavy to lift up.

I use the car to deliver occasionally so the doors arent really that big of a problem you just have to get use to them.

you can check out my cardomain for more pics if you like
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2150311/3

wow stanford great input. 50 extra lbs??? Whos the einsetin who guesstemated that?? Lets see, your not adding anything to the door other than some new hinges and a shock, but in return your taking off all your old hinges so where the HUGE weight gain come from.. Bottom line is" if your car is slow then your car is slow, even 0 lbs isnt gona drop you into the 10's.. I set with performance, well intot he 300h club, now its time to make it look nice. Lambo doors are dope no matter who has negative input. All i looking for is some pics, And some links by dsm owners who already own the product and hae had good success!! Have a nice day..

Great input Stanford, im all set on the 50lb bag off shit.. Whos the einstein that calculated 50extra lbs? from a new hinge and shock? and on top of that your taking off your exsisting hinges and hardware? IM well into the 300hp club, now i want to make it look tight.. So if any one has some valuable input, links or pitchures, please post.. Have a nice day

I bought my car with half of the shaved door kit project done. The guy pulled the handles out and put the poppers in, wired it all up and set up eveything. He just didnt get the piece of metal welded in where the handles should be, AND THANK GOD HE DIDNT!. Over here in Canada, your car needs to be safetied and e-tested, and the safety standards are pretty high, they require your car to have functional exterior door handles in case you get trapped in your car under water or something of that nature. If you have the transmitter in your car, then how are they going to be able to get you out? Theres no handle to reach for, so say goodbye to your window. Regardless of my story, there are a number of door popper kits out there that include a different method of getting into your car, besides the transmitter. On an episode of "Overhaulin" they put poppers on a Magnum, and they had a "touch button" where the handles used to be. That seemed to be the best way becasue there is an alternative to the transmitter, becasue it could run out of batteries, or something. Anyways, if you get the popper kit, make sure you get one that isn't cheap, cover all bases just to be safe. Theres no point in having a shaved door kit, and never being able to get in your car! Good Luck:thumb:

To conclude on my door popper story, I ended up pulling them out becasue it was a terrible set-up and it was too risky to keep them in. No complaints about the alarm that came with it though!

Jeez, do any of you guys actually read through the posts.

Stanford said:
I will sell you a 50lb bag of shit for a grand and you'll get the same results.

Stanford said:
Then all the dead weight of Lamorghini doors will be covered by the fact that it's 50lbs of shit.

Not once did he say that the hinges weighed 50 lbs, he just said he'd sell you a 50lb bag of shit. That bag of shit would help you achieve your goal of more attention.

Stanford said:
Everyone will be looking at you, which is obviously what you want. Because a swarm of maggots and flys will follow you everywhere like papparazzi. This will draw lots of attention.

kiddenvy said:
IM well into the 300hp club, now i want to make it look tight.. So if any one has some valuable input, links or pitchures, please post.. Have a nice day

With stock rebuilt internals and a 16g with only 550's I doubt you're "well into the 300hp club" without race gas.

If you want lambo doors just type lambo doors into the search bar above and look for a post from a guy with a silver 2g.

dosent make one bit of a diffrence to me if you beleive im into 300, This thread was started for people to be able to show off there lambo doors and for people to gain knowledge on where to get them and what the cost of them are.. So your telling me that 7 bolt rods and pistons couldnt handle 300hp??

kiddenvy said:
... So your telling me that 7 bolt rods and pistons couldnt handle 300hp??

No I'm saying that with that turbo, stock internals, and 550 injectors I don't believe you're flowing enough air and fuel to be considered "well into the 300hp club". The motor will hold more than that, well until it crankwalks :barf:

I have an auto, no crank walk for this kid... and when i say 300, i dont mean like 390, like 320.. Any doubts will soon be resolved once the new sbr fmic and hks cams get here.!!!

ok well less proan!!! I just did my rebulid this winter, i went 150,00 with no problems

i have lambo doors on my 2G...pain in the ass at times, espescially to adjust the doors to get them to close, and eventualy in the future the gas shocks will lose their strength...well at least that happened to me at one point.

I have lambo doors from a company called redrumcustoms.com. They put some on ebay for fairly cheap. I had them on my car for about a year and i think there awesome. But my car is not a everday driver. I put mine on myself without any experience and it was pretty hard but if you decide to do it let me know and ill write a detail how to because the instructions lambo door kits come with are not that great. After i did it to my car i did it to a 300c and came out perfect because i knew how to do it.

Check out my gallery for pics!

SnoopySLR said:
The hinges I had did weigh a lot... a good 20-25lbs each hinge. 5/8" steel weights a lot.

Ahahaha so they are about 50 pounds anyways ROFL

I just intalled the lambo kit on my car 2 weeks ago. Doors open and close great. The installation is pretty easy if you remove the fender because their is alot of adjustments to make on the hinge for the door to close perfectly. I bought the kit on ebay 460.00 shipped

Attachments

• DSC02663.JPG
    DSC02663.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 842
does anyone have the real "lambo" doors, you know the ones that go the full 90 degrees?

I will sell you a 50lb bag of shit for a grand and you'll get the same results. Everyone will be looking at you, which is obviously what you want. Because a swarm of maggots and flys will follow you everywhere like papparazzi. This will draw lots of attention. Then all the dead weight of Lamorghini doors will be covered by the fact that it's 50lbs of shit. Oh and to make the doors a pain I'll toss in some bungee cords that we can strap from the door panels to the steering wheel so it's a challenge to get in and out just like the real thing? Deal? I will install it for free and include the ULTIMATE JDM sticker.

If thats your thing by all means go for it but the only kit I ever recall seeing a price for was a grand. Thats insane if you ask me, especially just to make the doors open differently. To me it just says I am to poor to buy a Diablo to make up for my small wanker but I'll at least have my doors open like they do.

Just to let all of you know, I work at a CNC machining shop, and i custom make verticle doors to fit on each individual car, not each make but each car... Also they have a "pin-track" system that makes the door open and close flawlessly, without any problems ever, and is guaranteed to open and close, and seal with all factory seals, everytime... these doors are about 30 lbs, so definately not as heavy as these people are saying.. Also our vert doors are 750$ and yes there are cheaper kits on ebay, but believe me they arent worth the money... im not saying you should buy from me and me only but just dont buy one of those cheap "universal" eclipse kits on ebay because i have already had about 10 people ask me if i would take those as a trade in for a discount and just looking at them, they are crap... just letting you know :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back