The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Money and a good custom body shop fixes EVERYTHING... cept engines haha.

I talked to a guy with a shop in florida, and he said it works almost like clockwork. So its a go for me. Thanks for everyones replies

I bought the Lambo door kit for my car off eBay a little while back for $580...but...the passenger side shock crapped out on me already...so if you are planning to get some eBay Lambo door kits, be ready to replace the shocks.

How exactly do these doors close? Do they go outward a little then up?

I am about to install my hinges and have a few questions. The first, when the directions say flatten ribs, what does that mean grind them down, or it says use spacers, which is best? Also what size bolt is the hinge bolt? , and the shock is opened about an inch and a half, how do I get it closed so I can install it right? Thanks for the help.

I attemted the lambo install today from zachgoat's lambo write up. Before bolting the hinges to the car the hinges opened and closed fine, After I bolted the hinges to the body, the door opens and drops to the point shown in the picture and is stuck after I got it that far

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

, Also the door goes out about an inch and stops, doesn't go at all. Anyone know what my problem would be. I also posted a picture of the hinges and am wondering if anyone knows how I would adjust these.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for the help Everyone! Hopefully I can get something figured out.

okay bro i think i can offer you the help i need i use to be a rep for VDI which looks like your kit is a knock off. Ive done the lambo install on my own eclipse a talon cavalier and a 00civic all vdi kits V1 and 2. but anyway ill give you a quick write up on how to properly align them and such i havent looked at the other guide. also verticle door kits arent really the best on dsm as the space between the actual fram and the fender is very narrow.

1.remove fender
2. leaving door in place remove stock hinges and door stopper.
3. bolt hinge to door tightly
4. bolt hinge to body leave these bolts loose till you have the vertical gap at the back of the door even.
5. bolt everything tightly
6. now open the door and have a friend life it up as high as possible
7.screw the shock into the top half of the hinge
8. lower the door and slide the bottom half of the shock threw and put in the cotterpin

now comes the final adjustment and this is what takes the most time.

9. in the pic ive attached you start with the red cicled screw this controls how far the door sags(you must have the shock attached to do this!!!!) the further the screw comes towards the front of the car the higher the back of the door will go . Adjust this till you can open and close it normaly

10.now the thing circled in green is what controls how far the door swings outward (like normal car doors) you loosen those two bolts/screws holding this plate down and slide it towards the front of the car to get the doors to open more. Again with DSM having really narrow fender-body area you probably cant adjust this a whole lot without it hitting the fender.

11.now here comes the part where there is a flaw in the hinge design they made this stopper (purple circle) a little to big this is what prevents it from going up before it clears the apillar. on my car i shaved 1/8" off of this as well as angled it so it goes up smoother. Now this isnt necesary as i only did this on my car but makes them alot nicer and easier to use.

again all my expierance is with VDI kits and your looks like a knockoff of there version one kit... also that hinge looks used so make sure you grease all the nipples so you dont end up having to do that in a month. Ive had my VDI kit on my car for 1.5years now still on the original shocks and no problems other than retards that dont know how to open them.

If you need any more info please feel free to PM me

Attachments

• vdiknock.jpg
    vdiknock.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 272
Crazyjoker77 is correct! BUT one of my secrets is:

after adjusting the red bolt, with people getting in and out/ not knowing you have lambos and leaning on the door...it will slowly start to misalign itself and not close correctly. my tip would be to get it so that it closes PERFECTLY, and then smuther the bolt wit a product such as j.b. weld or a 2 part epoxy, so the bolt will never back itself out and move. just try not to open the door while its drying... trust me, you'll thank me for this tip!!!

Thanks a lot , Crazyjoker777 that helped me out tremendously, but does anyone have any idea what would make my door stay solid like the pic, where the door is at the hinge doesn't want to pivot outwards nor go up it is just stuck in that position once I oped the door.

You are going to have some drooping until you get it set really good. When you are lining up the door lift the door up as HIGH as you can and bolt it in because the weight of the door is going to make it fall below the striker plate. It took me alittle while to figure that out. But you have to have it bolted up solid while it is up higher and then it will set right. Don't exactly know why but it does. Also if you put the jb weld onto the adjustments be careful because if you ever want to adjust them later due to temp or sagging it will be harder to do. Use some locktite for sure atleast.

Im making some....

Though due to my rebuild project I havnt been spending any time on em...Same with the spark covers...

If I ever get my lazy ass around to it Ill let ya know. They will be much nicer than any ebay crap you could buy. ###### cheaper too...
--Im gonna try to fab some up this weekend...Ill keep ya posted if you want....

What is the fix for the lambo hinge mount hanging into the wheel gaurd? What has everyone else done?

So am i one of the only ones who has this problem, the factory fender won't even bolt on, ont the bottom?

If you need any help, I've done a few of these. I have a video of the hinge working without the fender on to give you an idea of clearance. Ita also a good idea to tack weld them. The wrightup mentioned before is great, but as mentioned, they tend to slide a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back