The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a set of vertical doors from vertical doors inc. A friend of mine got his from ebay, and its not a bad kit, just not as good. He's had some problems with the hinges shifting, un-aligning the door after a few months. Other than that, and not being nearly as smooth, its probably good to say that their not bad for the price, but end up being a hassle. The pictures above from cardomain are an ebay kit. I Have a bunch of installation pictures and even a video I found online if you want to see them.

As for the installation of the shocks, if you don't have anyone to hold the door up for you, than do what I had to do and use a nylon strap to hold the door up while you bolt on the strut.
yea lets see the pic/vid and what not

Yea there is no way I can justify spending $1700 on two hinges and two shocks. There are a bunch of different kits on ebay. Which one does he have?? There are some for $300 and some for $600.

EDM, hell if you wanna get rid of those door hinges... ;);)

Haha... And yeah what roadrunner said... I'm sure they will work.. but for how long.

The guy that I posted the pics of... His car is a show car, and has come along way... So I say ask him how they are holding up.

BEFORE:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

AFTER:

Owner:
RUBBERBURNER

There is a member on here, sk8shorty I believe, he has a company that makes lambo hinges and I remember him saying his are designed not to sag. I'll see if I can find the link. I believe they are $800 for the kit.

I am sellin mine for around $700. Actually selling most of the show stuf for my car to make it lighter and faster sound system dvd player underglow shift light all that shit is gonna be gone.

I am interested in getting lambo door hinges for my 99 eclipse. I am looking at http://lambofever.com/product_info.php?cPath=42_124&products_id=71. I was wondering though. After I weld those on...will i ever be able to put my originial hinges back on if i change my mind. I would go with bolt on..but they dont go to 90 degrees like the weld ons.
Anyone know if i would be able to change back if wanted in the future?

Thanks

If you weld those on I'm pretty sure it would be HARD to remove and make it look like they were never there.
Your car looks beautiful the way it is right now.

Welding them is is pretty much standard. If you wanted to install a pair but later remove them, go with a pair of bolt ons and tach weld them. Later on you could always grind down the tack and smooth out.

Well I finaly bought and installed a vertical door kit from vertical doors, inc. Getting the fenders to fit is a pain. Let me know what you guys think.

Is it just me or does the drivers side door look like it is facing more towards the front than the passenger side door?

you + angle of pic. Driver side is closer to the camera therefore looks higher but check out previous pics.

Is it just me or does the drivers side door look like it is facing more towards the front than the passenger side door?

I can see something too, but I can't tell what it is. Either looks like it's mounted higher or is coming further forward or something. The shot from the front is pretty straight on so I'm not sure that the slight angle would to that (but maybe it would).

As stated before, lambo doors aren't my thing, but it does look like a clean install. (And my neck hurts from looking at those first few pics :p)

I like it a lot, I have been thinking about doing it to the spyder as well. What kit did you get? Do you have any pictures of the install?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back