The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lambo vertical Doors [Merged 8-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i used a jigsaw and had to cut the whole inner lip then sanded it clean, u dont want it hitting and pushing on your fender.

OK i got one door done last night with the kit from Vertical doors, i got the kit cheap of Eba cause buddy lost the install instructions. So I'm kinda wingin it LOL. Anyways when i installed it on my pass door last night i think this is terribly strange. On the bottom hinge on the door it doesn't bolt to the door (here is some pics of what i mean) What are you suppose to do there?? Just leave it sitting against the door? Any help would be so much appreciated! Thanks alot. with no instructions makes this alot harder. Alot of work involved in puttting them on.

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whattheheck4hm.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whattheheck23at.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whattheheck37vr.jpg

hey man...sorry if this isnt answering your question or anything...just wondering something...im planning on getting some of those off of ebay..found a couple of people to get them from on there..they have good feedback and all...ones even from the city next to me.....but anywho...i was wondering who you bought them from on ebay and how much did you pay..and if they seem to fit well (the one that you had put on recently) like whats the sellers name and store and such....thanx man

A friend of mine did it to his Talon, all I know is you can expect to cut/roll part of your fenders to make room for the hinges. He spent alot of time on them and they still don't close very nicely.

the bottom of the new bracket should bolt to your mount on the door where the lower part of the stock bracket was. I see there is a hole on the new bracket, does it just not line up with the hole in the door? mine are off ebay and the bolt at the top and bottom, u may have to drill a new hole in the bracket but u should have it bolted in both places or it may move around or break the hinge.

Well igot the vertical door kit on my car right now which is a 98 gsx and i got everything lined up pretty good ( final adjustments when=hen fenders go on) Now the problem I'm having is i know you have to roll/cut inner fender cause hinge hits it as it goes up in the air. But when i put the fender on it seems to be hitting up front by the tire where the strut comes out a bit! its pushing the fender away from the car about a 1 1/2" so what should i do?? I'm going to post a pic of what i see some one else has done , but i think this looks stupid, cause u could see the tip of the shock sticking out.

I had a few problems with my kit ( i don't even know if it were made for a eclipse LOL) but i have it all working good except up to this part, So me and my boss were thinking of cutting back the shock mounting point enough to make it flush then it would be able to squeeze by the lip of the fender and would look alot neater and cleaner and not have a big hole in the front of my fender. SO what do you guys think i need this done tomorrow so i can have it all back together for a car show on Sunday!! What did anyone else do in this case????

Attachments

• hinge hitting.JPG
    hinge hitting.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 379
  • hinge moved back.JPG
    hinge moved back.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 382
before cutting the shock mount and re welding it i would try drilling new holes where the bracket mounts to the body to push it foreward. i know on mine the shock mount wasn't an issue, only the door hinge rubbed on the fender lip which we had to totally cut off, so maybe they sent u a set not made for a dsm?

I'm still going to cut it back and make the shock mount flush with the hinge its self, then if it don't clear i will cut new holes , just don't want a try and put it out of line to much ! Thanks for the help man!

in those pics it looks like the metal is broke. Can't tell very well cause of pic quality, but I'd say their broken

Attachments

• whattheheck23at.jpg
    whattheheck23at.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 224
no its not broken its just missing the bolt holes to bolt it to the bottom hinge on the door i got the shock mounts cut back today so i will test fit it tonight and see how that goes!!

good luck. I had a set on my mustang, but took them off. I didn't like having them on my daily driver... PITA. I just sold them on eBay.

Anyone know a vendor or anywhere you can get lambo or vertical doors for a 1g?

HighPsi92GST said:
there is no bolt on kit, they are all done custom and dont look right. do a search

I've read all the other posts but no one has mentioned if they have found anywhere to get them.

actualyl thats not entirely true. while it req's some custom fabrication, like it does with NAY car, some companies DO sell bolt on kits, you jsut have to roll the fenders. try www.extremedimensions.com

I saw a guy on dsmtrader selling them for the 1gs. He wanted like $700 or $800 for it. I dont know how good they are or if you will have to roll your fenders, he didnt say that you did when I asked. Just though that may help you out in your search.

hey well i heard lambo doors look great but i heard there not good everyday kinda driving... well i do drive my car everyday too put they look awesome especially on the 2 g talons/ eclipses. So yea i was thinking of getting them this spring but i heard they are hard too open and all this bull. So i didn't believe them so i went too good old dsmtuners.com were turn dsmers go so yea if you got lambo's on your 2g dsm let me know are they good? I know they look good but i ain't getting something that will be hasstle too open everytime i open my door.... they look simple too open. :talon: :dsm:

but does anybody on here honestly have them or tried them

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back