The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

EVOscan Knock caused by boost leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohlegend

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2012
Pemberville, Ohio
I was logging my first drive and while I was in mid boost, I heard a pop. I lost power for a second, then I was able to drive on. I turned around to go home and it happened again (around the same psi of boost). I am running wastegate pressure on a E316G and I am assuming that the pop was one of my IC couplers losing pressure and causing a temp leak. I looked at the log and right when I lost power, there was 3 counts of knock. So am I correct in assuming the 2 events are connected? Attached is the EVOSCAN log.

Attachments

• EvoScanDataLog_2016.10.06_17.46.15.xls
    428 KB · Views: 36
No BLT yet. That was the last time I drove it.
Boost had to be around 10-13psi. Right after it happened the fuel injector pulse and duty cycle went to 0. Let me see if I can screen shot the area in the log. I also let off at that time too, so it could just be from deceleration

I wouldn't say those two events are connected. 3 counts of knock would pull timing. It does look like your fuel cut out but I don't know much about fuel cut. Do a BLT 5 psi over what you plan to run and then take her out again. A boost leak would make a popping sound like you described.

Also, you should be logging "coolanttempscaled" with our ECU. I always stay out of boost until she's warmed up to operating temps.

Actually I noticed this issue quite a bit, when I replaced my vacuum lines for an line I forgot to tighten one fitting and the car was knocking like crazy, completely un drivable. Same thing when a vacuum blew off. This is on a speed density car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back