The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

just picked up a 2g gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupe_nasty

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Easton, Maryland
so i just picked up my first ever dsm. 1997 gsx with 28k original miles. As far as i know it has a hahn racing 16g turbo, a greddy front mount, 3 in downpipe, 2.5 inch cat back, greddy type s bov, and injen intake. any suggestions for making it faster? id like to tune it but know nothing about tuning.

Good god thats a good find! Take care of it or you're going to piss a lot of people off, haha.

Get something to tune it, ECMlink or you can grab a flashable ECU and use ECUFlash/Evoscan (which is the cheaper route for some people, myself included) but it works just as well.

i paid $8500 for the car. i will post pics once my camera finishes charging.

Pics for proof :D

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

WOW:thumb:

Also, that doesn't look like a GReddy FMIC.

<---- this is a GReddy FMIC.

And I don't see a J-pipe for the 16g? Or do Hahns not use J-pipes?

wow...... 28k!!! i cant believe it. you have a 1 in a million car there. thats an average of 2k miles a yr pretty much. unheard of. 8500 is a very good deal. congrats, now get some engine mgmt sys on it pronto!

wow very clean. Nice steal there for 8500. Congrats

wow. makes me regret selling my car. hopefully ill be picking up a 96 talon sometime soon. good luck with your car! i learned the hard way with my first car. but do everything the right way. it saves frustration

Ahh, my favorite color:(

You are a very lucky person, also I have that 3 piece grill on my car in black, it is very sturdy and molded for the car. I think if you painted it black it would look better but don't take it off because it protects the FMIC fins really well.

Anyways awesome find and like other said, take goooood care of it or we will hunt you down haha.ROFL

Hmm I was about to say the same thing about the Greddy FMIC as Jax.. Seeing how we have them LOL..

You checked the title to make sure that its a legit 28k miles right? Carfaxs do wonders.

Boostin is correct, I even paid more than that for it when I bought it 3 years ago. My FMIC never had one bent fin on it (even through DD my car in PA winter.)

Edit: oh and if your bumper has that bend on the bottom middle (like a smile) it will hold that up perfectly.

so how much power will i gain by just getting a tune based on the bolt ons i have? I dont even think i have a boost controller so what is the factory boost set at? what is a safe amount to run with my mods?

Does it have an (aftermarket) boost gauge?

Whatever you do to your car, MAKE SURE YOU DO IT RIGHT, that's one very nice car you got there, very rare to find one in that good of a shape! i and i'm sure many of us would get mad if you make a thread about how you blew your engine up. i would hate to even get dirt on itROFL, good find bro:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back