The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Junkie's 1997 GSX Build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm also soo debating on deleting oil squirters or keeping them!!!

If you're going to delete the oil squirters you should have just used the N/T block. I'd keep them though unless your going to use the ross pistons and h beam rods that are supposedly designed to be used with no oil squirters. It's really a personal choice but unless it's going to be a strictly track car I'd use them. But don't give up man. Keep the build going.. It will be worth it in the end.

Hhhhh

Last edited:
Well your on the right path, your spending more then u want but u will have a clean bill of health when it's done! And handle the power u want.

Well your on the right path, your spending more then u want but u will have a clean bill of health when it's done! And handle the power u want.

Shane! Nice to see you found the build thread! Cant wait to get this thing rolling!

Good point! I did not see that as an option as the N/T block was bored .20 over and the pistons were also scored! It was all just a headache. So I wanted to start fresh! I've read that the oil squirters can break when ran with no balance shafts? Also would you know if there are 2 different types of 6 bolt oil squirters??

Oh, I didn't know the N/T block was the one that was scored, I thought you just had an extra N/T block laying around that you sold. :ohdamn: The oil squirters breaking sounds pretty unlikely to me. I haven't heard of it happening too often. As far as I know there is only one type of oil squirter found in the 6 bolt blocks. I know some people use the oil squirters from an evo 8 block because they are shorter than the DSM squirters. If you are worried about it, maybe go that route. Here's a thread on evo oil squirters install. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cylinder-head-short-block/422022-evo-8-oil-squirters-install.html I personally wouldn't really see it as something to worry about though. :thumb:

Oh, I didn't know the N/T block was the one that was scored, I thought you just had an extra N/T block laying around that you sold. :ohdamn: The oil squirters breaking sounds pretty unlikely to me. I haven't heard of it happening too often. As far as I know there is only one type of oil squirter found in the 6 bolt blocks. I know some people use the oil squirters from an evo 8 block because they are shorter than the DSM squirters. If you are worried about it, maybe go that route. Here's a thread on evo oil squirters install. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cylinder-head-short-block/422022-evo-8-oil-squirters-install.html I personally wouldn't really see it as something to worry about though. :thumb:

Great! Thanks for the info! I'm looking for a set for a good price!

hey guys

Last edited:
hey guys

Last edited:
hey guys

Last edited:
You should have gotten the block decked while you were at the machine shop. Would help to keep the HG together :) Great build keep it up.

You should have gotten the block decked while you were at the machine shop. Would help to keep the HG together :) Great build keep it up.

Thanks a lot! I had it checked for warpage! It was fine! No deck needed!

maybe it's just me but i was never a fan of the Bugatti's, great car, but the body i have no interest in.

looks like a good build so far, looking forward to seeing more updates.

Hhhh

Last edited:
nice build so far glad you found a good shop, my first 4g63 build cost 3k dollars and ate main bearings every 500 miles (as well as smoked from the head that was supposedly checked and ok'ed) and had NO warranty or offer to fix by that shop at all, and wassupposed to take 3 weeks and was over 3months ( i was riding a motorcycle to work in snow with a toolbox on the gas tank holding it the besti could)

ANyway.. fuond a machinist that had worked in that shop as a kid, and he always hooks me up great, made up for his old mentor screwing me over and with me assembling and buying the parts (he checked things so much he could have assmebled it in the time of checking fit) but anyway, 200 bucks later i had a better engine than one guy hit me up for 3 grand on...

and on oil squirters, glad to see you keep them,I think on aDD car they are good insurance and protection that i wouldn't go without really. Maybe a drag car or something not held in summer traffic and being boosted daily and driven hard, that's a case where i want every extra bit of cooling and lube i can get

can't wait to see more pics, i love these threads when people put lots of pics up :D

hey guys

Last edited:
Hey guys

Last edited:
Nice thread, I like the block paint job. Now you have to keep it clean!

Is the car still dying out? And does it die it most when coming off of higher RPMs?

Hey guys

Last edited:
Hey guys

Last edited:
What kind of spark plugs are you using? I noticed on my 2G that I was getting "knock" around 2-3rpms when I ran a NGK BPR7ES plug so I changed them to a NGK BR7ES and my "knock" went away. Just an idea! Great build, looks great! Keep it up!

Hey guys

Last edited:
Hubby is sleeping LOL I'll listen to it in the morning. The P in the plug shows its a projected plug(I think I said that right). Get a non projected plug. Try that. No my CEL came on for knock.

Hubby is sleeping LOL I'll listen to it in the morning. The P in the plug shows its a projected plug(I think I said that right). Get a non projected plug. Try that. No my CEL came on for knock.

Wow! First woman I've encountered on the site!! Nice!! Thanks for chiming in on my build thread! I really appreciate the help! I'm gonna get a set of BPR6ES's!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back