The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

johnny racecar's fmic, who has one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
deusxmachina said:
Unless you're running 10's, I'd say it doesn't matter. 2.25" argues for better spool-up, 2.5" argues for more flow, but unless you have a race car, it's a toss-up and I have yet to see anyone show noticeable differences either way. For a 16g, 2.25" is easily plenty.

how big of a difference in a spool up would it make... can you give me some numbers..
300 rpm 500..???

hakcenter said:
Yippy I got to help Tyrus with that core :thumb:. I don't know if at all I may recieve one for a test fit, but from my measurements it should clear the radiator now, instead of my semi hack job.

I've been driving this core all over with 25psi without a hint of knock. It is absolutely great, and burning tires in 1st and chirping 2nd is just awesome. For the price, you absolutely cannot beat it.
25psi on an evo3 OMG I will be buying this very soon, I hope the price doesn't go up too much after memorial day.

can sombody tell me if there was a big increase in lag with the 2.5" piping on a 16g

deusxmachina said:
Unless you're running 10's, I'd say it doesn't matter. 2.25" argues for better spool-up, 2.5" argues for more flow, but unless you have a race car, it's a toss-up and I have yet to see anyone show noticeable differences either way. For a 16g, 2.25" is easily plenty.

I have 2.25 from the turbo to IC and 2.5 from the IC to t-body. 24psi at 3K rpm.

Note: Many other mods help that spool time.

polishshark said:
can sombody tell me if there was a big increase in lag with the 2.5" piping on a 16g

Remember if you're getting the short route FMIC you'll be reducing the amount of piping volume the turbo needs to compress.

So going from a 2.25 long route piping to 2.5" short-route should be a wash.

Regardless, the 16G spools so fast you would not notice the difference anyway. I didn't when I went from 2.25 to 2.5 on my old "small" 16G .

Perhaps you'd have better luck asking that in the JR thread...but I think it might have been locked. So start another thread or something. But if you're actually asking about the johnnyracecar (jrc) intercoolers, it depends. Last I knew, he had a stock of the basic straight through ones. It took me maybe a week to get mine. As far as the backdoors and whatever else, I'm not sure. You could try emailing him. Just go to www.johnnyracecar.com and his email is on there somewhere.

Riiiiight, uhhhhh...no. It don't. JR = the guy that builds the kits at extremeturbosystems.com Read through this entire thread and see how many times someone like you made that mistake and we've corrected them.

kevingst said:
Riiiiight, uhhhhh...no. It don't. JR = the guy that builds the kits at extremeturbosystems.com Read through this entire thread and see how many times someone like you made that mistake and we've corrected them.

Not to be a whiner, but if someone says "JR setup" in a 33+page thread entitled Johnny Racecar's FMIC I figure anyone with half a brain would get that JR = Johnny Racecar :rolleyes:

I have talked to Joe Schesso of Extreme Turbo Systems (ETS) which I assume goes by the name "JR" :confused: . Though all his eBay links and website reference ETS as the name of his setups.

So if you have something meaningful to say please add to the thread, otherwise STFU.

Just ordered mine last night. Have a small 16G in the car. 650's waiting to go in as soon as ECU + comes out next month and I get my bros vr4 pump. We'll see how it goes. :thumb:

DSM90AWD said:
Not to be a whiner, but if someone says "JR setup" in a 33+page thread entitled Johnny Racecar's FMIC I figure anyone with half a brain would get that JR = Johnny Racecar :rolleyes:

I have talked to Joe Schesso of Extreme Turbo Systems (ETS) which I assume goes by the name "JR" :confused: . Though all his eBay links and website reference ETS as the name of his setups.

So if you have something meaningful to say please add to the thread, otherwise STFU.
OK, let me use my "half a brain" to spell this out. Johnnyracecar intercoolers and extremeturbosystems intercoolers both hit the scene here right about the same time. There was a thread titled "JR 2g intercooler kit" or something like that, I can't even find the thread now, but it was about the ETS kit. Look at his ebay name, jrprp1. I don't know what the hell that stands for, but I'm guessing the JR might have come from that.
Now go look at like, the first 3 pages of this thread. It becomes quite obvious that there was some confusion as to who was what. People were calling these JR and others were calling them JRC. Some people were even so confused as to call them JR and then post a pic of the ETS kit. So to eliminate the confusion, it was decided to call Tyrus's IC's JRC for short. I'd been watching both of these threads since the beginning, but the JR thread got locked because a couple guys kept arguing over something. And yes, I believe I DO have something meaningful to add to this thread...seeing as how I OWN one of these ic's and did my piping myself from scratch. So now... if you have nothing nice to say, or nothing meaningful to add, perhaps you're better off saying nothing at all. It would be a real shame for you to get this thread locked when so much great info has been put out by it. But then again... it's gotten to the point where it's so big that no one bothers to read through it and so people just keep asking the same questions about it again & again.

does anybody know if this guy sells that one for the 1g adonized black? he never answered my email

hey where can i find the piping for that intercooler for a 14b/16g setup i have stock uicp and the RRE licp for the 14b.....would it fit??

You're gonna need more than that. Most of us just made our own pipe kits for it. You can search through the thread for the pics to give ya a general idea of what all is involved.

98spydert said:
It took about a week to get mine from PA to CA. He seems to almost always have them in stock and ready to ship out. Does that answer the question?

I ordered mine on the deadline for the backdoor special so wanted a ballpark number figuring a few extra days for the holiday weekend.

BTW.. got my answer today :D

Scheduled Delivery: 08-June-2005

HyperGSX said:
now all we need is someone to design a nice i/c pipe kit for it and all will be well

I was hesitant a few years back about the prospect of making my own pipes, but having custom-made two sets for my own car now, I can honestly say it's easy to do (not to mention gratifying having done it yourself).

All you have to do is pick up a few bends (metal of choice), cut to fit, number and mark the pipes alignment with a Sharpie and bring into a welder :thumb:

so whats up with that pos special, can i still get it,... same price? this would cost a little more for me, but will shorten up my pipes a lot...

98spydert said:
In case anyones wondering, I got rid of the stupid power steering cooler and I'm using one of these in the drivers side bumper opening instead. They're about $15.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

where can i get this cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back