The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

johnny racecar's fmic, who has one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prez said:
. Anyone have some damn good pics of driver side pipes for a 1G? It looks REALLY tight on that side to run a 2.5" pipe.

Most everyone tends to come through in front of the oil filter and dent the pipe there to make it fit. If you don't mind cutting the tow hook, you can use a couple 45-degrees or an "s"-shaped pipe about 6" long to go through there in front of the crossmember and then run the pipe on top of the crossmember below the fans. Won't fit with the stock fan shrouds, though. Have to slice and dice 'em or get SPALs.

but if your turbo oil feed is from there it's a HUGE pain. The exhaust shop I found could flatten one side of the piping and that's what I had to have done as I couldn't get it to dent right so I had them smooth it out for better flow through there. If you're using the stock feed area you should be golden with minor denting. Basically follow the driver's side bumper out and around, follow the oil cooler lines :) :thumb:

Got a 3 inch hole saw. Going to customize the shit out of this thing. :)

I'll post more pics later today.

PICS... now I just need to do my fuel mods and standalone.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Prez, just have a few questions. I´m gonna order the JRC 8" core soon and some piping. Then just hook the passenger´s side piping up to the stock one for the time being. Just wondering what you used on that side? A 90 degree to a 45 degree to shoot up to that hole? And how bout the driver side piping? Think it would be any easier with 2.25" piping? cuz i think im gonna order it with that option. What bends did you use on that side? Where did you get your pipes and couplers from? Thanks a lot. Looks great by the way, pretty damn clean, i can´t wait until i get mine.

crazyboost said:
Prez, just have a few questions. I´m gonna order the JRC 8" core soon and some piping. Then just hook the passenger´s side piping up to the stock one for the time being. Just wondering what you used on that side? A 90 degree to a 45 degree to shoot up to that hole? And how bout the driver side piping? Think it would be any easier with 2.25" piping? cuz i think im gonna order it with that option. What bends did you use on that side? Where did you get your pipes and couplers from? Thanks a lot. Looks great by the way, pretty damn clean, i can´t wait until i get mine.

Passender side... is a 90 out of the IC then a 45 up to the stock SMIC hole that I had to widen then to a 90 once inside the bay.

Driver side is a pain in the ass. Takes the longest thats for sure. I am going to go back home and tweak that a bit more. I'll post more pics.

Has anyone ran the driver's side piping through the front next to the radiator with this intercooler? I was thinking of buying the anodized model and offsetting it a bit to do that, wouldn't look so bad black.

Got a question for all you 1g guys, or people with 14b or 16g turbos. Just wondering what j-pipe you guys are using? I´ve heard JR sells one on ebay but i can´t find any, i heard that was pretty cheap. Ive looked at dejon tool and sbr, but i dont feel like paying 80 dollars for a jpipe. Anyone fab your own? Or any other places to get a cheap one? Thanks fellas.

thats a good question, im in the middle of hooking up my fmic and i just turned my licp the other way where it hooks to the j-pipe and that is my free 90 degree bend :rocks:

this is just a tip for 2g guys

1badtsi said:
thats a good question, im in the middle of hooking up my fmic and i just turned my licp the other way where it hooks to the j-pipe and that is my free 90 degree bend :rocks:

this is just a tip for 2g guys

Um....I'm not seein it here in my imagination..... The LICP is shaped like a upside down Z

if you have a 16g install kit such as mine that just came with a j-pipe and not a complete licp you already had to cut the stock one, which is now the shape of an L.

its a tight ass fit against the motor mount which kind of smashes the pipe flat, but i put a hose clamp on the flat section and tightened it just a bit to bring it back to almost perfectly round

on another note, as im doing my piping today, i got the genious idea to use my dejontool uicp "the L pipe w/ the bov flange" and i hooked the stock ic side to the throttle body elbow and it magicly points right where i want it....

so far ive spent no money on extra pipes for this install

but i also already have a u bend sitting in my shed

so after a couple couplers my install will be done

i am king tight wad :rocks:

1badtsi said:
if you have a 16g install kit such as mine that just came with a j-pipe and not a complete licp you already had to cut the stock one, which is now the shape of an L.

its a tight ass fit against the motor mount which kind of smashes the pipe flat, but i put a hose clamp on the flat section and tightened it just a bit to bring it back to almost perfectly round

on another note, as im doing my piping today, i got the genious idea to use my dejontool uicp "the L pipe w/ the bov flange" and i hooked the stock ic side to the throttle body elbow and it magicly points right where i want it....

so far ive spent no money on extra pipes for this install

but i also already have a u bend sitting in my shed

so after a couple couplers my install will be done

i am king tight wad :rocks:

It's always a good thing when you can make more (preferably safer) speed and/or power for free.

Ok sorry guys. I havnt had time to edit and post the walkthru or whatever, so I'll just post what I have done in .doc form, comes with pics, bends, where to buy them, and prices. So here ya go.

Kinda hard working 40hours at one job. 18 at another, and also run a PC business where I work on at least 5-20 computers a week. whew....heh and still make time to post and browse here! ;)

SHORT ROUTE PIPING FOR A 2G HERE

http://away.no-ip.com/warez/FTP_USERS_UPLOAD_HERE/ it will be inside that site as How to install a jrc fmic.zip.

hope ppl can see that LOL

Just curious .. im thinking about getting a fmic from ebay .. its a tube and fin and its 9" tall

My question is what size can i get without cutting my bumper? .. for right now im using my car as a dailey driver and i dont want to get f*cked if get in an accident. (like insurance rejecting my claim after finding out the bumper was cut/tampered with a dye grinder .. ect)

I have a fwd eclipse turbo .. and i have a bumper similar to the turbo laser bumper 90-91 .. and mine has the lip on it ..

If anyone knows id appreciated it .. cause id like a front mount that i can easily set up for my street set up until i have a race car.

Luke :thumb:

hakcenter said:
heh take the bumper off, then after your accident mount it back on..

dejontool sells a aluminum bumper that fits most cores.. but in all seriousness no core worth getting doesn't cut the bumper.

I agree :thumb: and i just removed my bumper support and saved it for a rainy insurance day..

elementalwindx said:
I agree :thumb: and i just removed my bumper support and saved it for a rainy insurance day..

If you get into a crash I dont know how you are going to explain how the front of your car is caved in, but the bumper support is in excellent condition... An insurance company is going to ask some questions.

1badtsi said:
nice front mount or bumper support

one or the other

I agree...and I havn't met an insurance adjuster that would seriously ask to have the front bumper removed to see if the bumper support was there....especially if i removed the fmic before he got there LOL...they usually take at least a week to look at cars here.

That still doesnt really answer my question.

But will a 9" tall fmic still need trimming or will i be able to slide it in? without it sticking out the bottom ..

Luke :confused:

4G63 GST said:

But will a 9" tall fmic still need trimming or will i be able to slide it in? without it sticking out the bottom ..

Luke :confused:

I dont know. but whats wrong with it sticking out the bottom? It's more bling to show ya and more air for it to catch :p I havnt really seen any 1g's have that problem your asking about and they have bigger fmics so just try it and find out.

I have had my Johnny IC for about 2 months now and i love it :thumb: The piping is steel and were a custom made for my car. I only use 4 hoses to connect the IC and most of it is welded. The hot side is 2.25 expands to 2.5. On the cold side its 2.5 and bottlenecks to 2.25 :mad: to fit the greddy UICP. I plan on painting the pipes black so they dont rust (when finals are over). I also plan on getting a 60mm 1G TB and running a solid 2.5" on the cold side.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 781
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 773
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 777
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 753
4G63 GST said:

I don't think so on a 1g. I had a 9" high and now a 12" high, and once you add in an extra inch or so for the bottom bolt mounts and brackets, I think even a 7" would be a tight fit without cutting the metal bumper support.

DSMSpyder99 said:
I have had my Johnny IC for about 2 months now and i love it :thumb: The piping is steel and were a custom made for my car. I only use 4 hoses to connect the IC and most of it is welded. The hot side is 2.25 expands to 2.5. On the cold side its 2.5 and bottlenecks to 2.25 :mad: to fit the greddy UICP. I plan on painting the pipes black so they dont rust (when finals are over). I also plan on getting a 60mm 1G TB and running a solid 2.5" on the cold side.

I'm jealous u got the black one...I'll trade ya. I wish his pieces of metal to hold the fmic were just like an inch longer. I have gashes in the back of my fmic from the power steering lines and theres no way I can rerun them behind the radiator and fans. I'm thinking of running them where the air condensor use to be soon. I had to drill off a tack weld just to get that metal piece to come half way off.. lord knows why its bolted down AND tack welded down.

does ne1 have pix of a backdoor fmic for a 2g talon. i want jr's but i don't wanna hafta hack my front. not johnny race cars, JR's. the backdoor would b on the left of the ic and the right side would b normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back