1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

johnny racecar's fmic, who has one?

Posted by 1badtsi, Sep 13, 2004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. blackGSX2g

blackGSX2g DSM Wiseman

Joined Apr 30, 2004
    Holland, Michigan

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    11.866 @ 120.750 · 2G DSM
  2. my98GST

my98GST Proven Member

Joined Jun 1, 2005
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Alright it has come down to this. A spearco 29x6x3 or a Johnny Race Car 30x6x3.

my questions are. What size ends should i get? What kind of piping should i get and where should I order it from?

My mods will be these within two months. Keep in mind this will be on a 2g GST

Injen Intake w/ K&N filter
    Thermal Exhaust
    Gutted Cat possibly cat eliminator??
    Megan 3" dp
    Big t-28 ported and clipped
    15-20lbs of boost
    ACT 6 puck disc
    ACT streetlite flywheel
    and FMIC...

What do you guys think would be more effective for my set-up? Also are Megan DP's quality and a full 3"?

3. blackGSX2g

blackGSX2g DSM Wiseman

Joined Apr 30, 2004
    Holland, Michigan
    I ended up getting 2.5'' piping from Magnum Force.

http://www.magnumforce.com/ubend.asp

I used 2 of the biggest U-bends they had, got a 2.5'' straight pipe from Autozone, and hacked up my UICP to short-route it.

As for the DP, I have heard of minor fitment issues with AWDs, but the FWD ones seem to work. They are not a full 3'' however, they dip down right at the o2 housing so you can bolt it up.

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    11.866 @ 120.750 · 2G DSM
  4. vr6chris

vr6chris Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2004
    Silver Spring, Maryland
    as far as the backdoor fmic core he sells, i'll be getting that sometime when i have money too replace the 6" tall fmic i have right now. He sell and makes great products

5. RossY

RossY Proven Member

Joined Sep 27, 2002
    Canton, Ohio
    I just got my intercooler from him(JRC) and its beauuuutiful. Great welding and the overall quality is great, i can't wait to get it on and see how it performs. I just need some piping and im ready to go.

6. flytalon93

flytalon93 Proven Member

Joined Oct 27, 2002
    Moody AFB, Georgia
    I've got one on my 90GSX for about 8 months now. I will be getting one for my wife's 97GST here in the next month or so from him too. I have nothing but praise for it. Quality of intercooler was awesome to include the welds. Performance wise I have had no issues. Once installed it was a whole different car. You can tell the EVO III woke up and was breathing alot better without the heatsoaking.

Good luck in your decision.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.