The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

johnny racecar's fmic, who has one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kristmen said:
When I said bumper, I ment crash beam btw. Not the bumper cover.

You shouldnt have had to cut the crash beam if the i/c is based on the 6 inch model or is it the 8?

The ETS 7.2 inch one mounts right on the bottem of the crash beam without cutting.. I really want to order the JRC one but I dont have the needed tools or a place to do any crash beam cutting :(

All I used to cut the "crash beam" was a Sawzall. Went through it like butter :thumb: But yes the JRC requires cutting of the actual metal bumper (crash beam).

4sfead said:
All I used to cut the "crash beam" was a Sawzall. Went through it like butter :thumb: But yes the JRC requires cutting of the actual metal bumper (crash beam).

Not if you are talking about the 2g's. 1g's are just weird. :p

Dont have a sawzall, dont know anyone who does. I live in an apartment :p

I've asked like like 10 times of diffrent people umm. how TALL is backdoor fmic?

You can fit a 7.2 inch intercooler in there without cutting the crash beam. We just did it on my friends car. I thought the JRC backdoor was based on his 6.5 inch fmic?

Its not the 6 inch model?

Ahh ok.

I thought it was the 6inch core. Interestingly enough, if you look under the 6 inch core model, in fine print it ways backdoor options available for that one too.

Kristmen,

I installed an 8" JRC on my 2g with custom piping all by myself. I have all the tools including the sawzaw. I then helped a buddy do it on his car with a massive 12" core and will be assisting another friend with the JRC 8" on his 2g.

PM me on our wmdsm forum or come to the next meet and we can discuss getting it installed for you. I'd be more than willing to help and provide some tools if neccessary.

Hey I forgot to ask. If you just order a back door style FMIC from JRC, what size outlets does it come with standard?

2.25 or 2.50?

He took down that JRC / POS page with all the spec's.

I'm about to make come piping and I'm not sure if I should concider. I know the Dejontool jpipe I'm looking at is 2.25 inches, biggest one they have. I know hakcenters using the 2.5 inch SLS pipe kit.

I have an HKS/Turbonetics sitting here I can make a copy of, its 2.5.

Just looking for input. What size pipe you guys using for the backdoors?

There has got to be someone on this thread that could be making a killing they made the pipes. Have an option for your pipes if you have an uicp, or an option for all pipes including uicp or even 1 for all uicp and gm maft setup...

There are quite a few people who make pipe kits that will work with these intercoolers. The problem is, most people dont want to spend $250 dollars for a pipe kit and another $75 on a jpipe.

Hell some pipe kits go for as much as $400.

On a side note, we just ordered 2.5 inch dies for my friends CNC manderal bender cough.

kristmen said:
There are quite a few people who make pipe kits that will work with these intercoolers. The problem is, most people dont want to spend $250 dollars for a pipe kit and another $75 on a jpipe.

Hell some pipe kits go for as much as $400.

On a side note, we just ordered 2.5 inch dies for my friends CNC manderal bender cough.

I'll sell someone my "ultra hot custom super short route" pipe kit for a special hot price of just only $450 + shipping.

It comes already pre-spray painted chevy red!
It's cut to custom fit the Johnny Race Car 8 inch FMIC with 2.5" ends! WoW WTF WTF LOL
LOL

oh yea the important stuff...

holds 25psi easy ;)

:|

I bet you would.

So what would you guys be more interested in seeing? Stainless, alumium, mild steel, titanium, blah blah blah, for a custom manderal bent pipe kit?

kristmen said:
:|

I bet you would.

So what would you guys be more interested in seeing? Stainless, alumium, mild steel, titanium, blah blah blah, for a custom manderal bent pipe kit?

I'd personally prefer titanium, but I'm not rich...

Costs alot less then you think. What you are paying for when you buy intercooler pipes and exhaust is, the cost of the bender, software and time they put into setting it up.

For example, if you work for a company that already had the cnc bender, you can make the pipes cheaply and not have to worry about making massive profits to cover your out of pocket.

I'll find out exactly how much a foot of ti pipe sometime this week. The first we are doing will be SS though. Just running a test bach and playing with some idea's.

Ok, what are people willing to pay for a set of pipes that would stretch from where the UICP connects to where the J pipe connects? This means not including the UICP or J pipe. What's reasonable? I think the answer to that question will determine if this is worth my time or anyone elses. This is uncoated and made from aluminized steel.

Edit: this is for a 2G only, I don't have a 1G to test fit.

98spydert said:
Ok, what are people willing to pay for a set of pipes that would stretch from where the UICP connects to where the J pipe connects? This means not including the UICP or J pipe. What's reasonable? I think the answer to that question will determine if this is worth my time or anyone elses. This is uncoated and made from aluminized steel.

Shit I think my bill was $300 for my pipes, spal fan, and red silicone couplers and 2.5" radiator couplers.....

soooo anything under that would be a killer deal.

Thats part of the problem.. Most people go into that shit with the attude that well what will people pay, is it worth my time? Will I make a big enough profit to bother?

I personally dont care about making a living off selling them and its looking like are cost on the 1G kits, made is going to be $30~35 ish without the hose and clamps. Then I still have to factor in shipping and handling and how much its going to cost to buy the hose and clamps.

I was almost thinking about selling the pipe kits with or without hose and clamps.

What would people prefer? Might be cheaper if you go find your own hose and clamps.

First bach of pipe will be done next week for test fitting.

kristmen said:
Thats part of the problem.. Most people go into that shit with the attude that well what will people pay, is it worth my time? Will I make a big enough profit to bother?

I personally dont care about making a living off selling them and its looking like are cost on the 1G kits, made is going to be $30~35 ish without the hose and clamps. Then I still have to factor in shipping and handling and how much its going to cost to buy the hose and clamps.

I was almost thinking about selling the pipe kits with or without hose and clamps.

What would people prefer? Might be cheaper if you go find your own hose and clamps.

First bach of pipe will be done next week for test fitting.

Sell them with both options. Personally me I would like it all as 1 package. I dont have to worry about going through different places to get stuff. I like 1 stop shopping, but thats me. lets us know when the pipes will be ready.

Are these kits going to be welded up or a bunch of bends with couplers holding everything together? If they are welded, I would be interested.

The only thing I'm waiting on is the UPS man to deliver the dies.

kicker91laser said:
Are these kits going to be welded up or a bunch of bends with couplers holding everything together? If they are welded, I would be interested.

No welds... Um the only couplers will be as fallows starting from the turbo or jpipe:

One coupler connecting the turbo or jpipe to the lower intercooler pipe, then another collecting the lower pipe to the intercooler at the inlet.

Then another coupler at the intercooler outlet to the upper intercooler pipe and another coupler connecting the upper pipe to the throttle body elbow.

Not sure if we are making a tb elbow or what yet.

Not sure what kind of finish we are using yet. Polished or maybe powdered. Polishing would raise the price some.

Could also do bare pipes and let the end installer paint or finish them which would lower the price even more.

Could also sell the pipe without a BOV flange and allow the installer to weld his own flange to save even more.

Can pretty much do whatever. If someone wants to have them polished with a flange welded on to save work, no problem.

Basically we are going to be open to whatever requests we get.

Some time this week me and my friend are going to sit down and iron everything out and figure out all the costs on supplies and how much it will cost to put all the needed parts in are hands then how much the supplies to make a complete kit will be, including packaging shipping, etc and go from there.

I already know what we are talking for just the pipes but there is other stuff to take into consideration such as packaging etc as mentioned above.

The picture below is roughly what the pipes will look like, sorry for the purse in the way ;P

Crack Pipes

Hey what do most of you guys run for BOV's? Stock or something upgraded?

Looking around at flanges. Can make the 1G and Greddy flanges easy but something like the Tials look like more machine work then I want to mess with.

I see what you are doing, I was thinking you may just weld up different bends, but your way is even better :thumb: I would be interested in a set that will clear the abs junk. You could offer one without a flange for those who want to use a tial.

Im interested also, I would need a custom j off the turbo to my side to side (no back door) up and around to the intake. I have alot of room without a battery up front (in trunk) and no abs, no power steering, no windshield washer sprayer bottle. So just a plain set of pipes without a bov flange, no couplers or clamps would be perfect for me. Bare, bent aluminum pipes fabbed to fit would be ideal. :thumb:

Closed for massive amounts of off topic posts.

whats the deal with these intercoolers? Are they quality? Are any of you guys running one? If so how do you like it? Would a 30x6x3 be good with the basic bolt ons i/dp/cb/no cat with a t28 running about 15lbs?

any input would greatly be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back