The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

JNZ Quarter Panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakmon

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2002
Canada
I need to replace the rear quarters (as well as the rocker panels) on my 1990 Talon and would like to know if anyone has bought the panels fron JNZ. They appear to be the entire panel and I would like to know if this would be an "easier" method rather than cut-out and fabricate a new piece to fit.
If I purchase the panels, is this a DIY ( I have never welded), or should I take the parts to a shop?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Morpherex, please elaborate on your post. Do you mean there is an alternative to welding?

It's called body panel adhesive. And it works really well. Welding will just make it rust in the future.

I need to replace the rear quarters (as well as the rocker panels) on my 1990 Talon and would like to know if anyone has bought the panels fron JNZ. They appear to be the entire panel and I would like to know if this would be an "easier" method rather than cut-out and fabricate a new piece to fit.
If I purchase the panels, is this a DIY ( I have never welded), or should I take the parts to a shop?

Thanks for any and all advice.

You can rivet, weld, Bolt on or glue, but with glue you still need to bolt it on or rivet it.

But you still have to take the whole ass end off and break all the pop welds/rivets.

If you never done this before just take it to a shop.

Take it to the shop. A quarter panel isn't just bolted on. It will require cutting and welding to put a new skin on.

Welding? Not with the new stuff they have available.

Morpherex, please elaborate on your post. Do you mean there is an alternative to welding?

It's called body panel adhesive. And it works really well. Welding will just make it rust in the future.

What next you glue your hood , bumpers and fenders on, WTF this is not the ghetto.

That is like using permatex to Make rubber motor mount inserts.

Not if you paint it!

You're going to paint the inside?

If its rusting on the inside it was never put on right, sealed right, or was not painted, or was due to shitty prep work.

You can glue it on but to provide the most protection its need to be bolted, riveted or welded to give the structure rigidity. Not to mention glue or any type of epoxy like that has a shelf life before it needs to be taken off and replaced.

Not to mention these types of glues allow moisture to collect and it seals it in allow it to rust out.

You dont need to cause some sort of a twisting load on the chasis and have the glued on body panel shear off.

The glue holds just as strong as a weld if used properly. It also doesn't require you to bolt it or junk. Read up on it dude, there's good brand and shit brands.
You can rivet, weld, Bolt on or glue, but with glue you still need to bolt it on or rivet it.

But you still have to take the whole ass end off and break all the pop welds/rivets.

If you never done this before just take it to a shop.

What next you glue your hood , bumpers and fenders on, WTF this is not the ghetto.

That is like using permatex to Make rubber motor mount inserts.

If its rusting on the inside it was never put on right, sealed right, or was not painted, or was due to shitty prep work.

You can glue it on but to provide the most protection its need to be bolted, riveted or welded to give the structure rigidity. Not to mention glue or any type of epoxy like that has a shelf life before it needs to be taken off and replaced.

Not to mention these types of glues allow moisture to collect and it seals it in allow it to rust out.

You dont need to cause some sort of a twisting load on the chasis and have the glued on body panel shear off.

Do a search for 3m Automix Panel Bonding Adhesive. Its the tits! Unless its the actual structure of the car, most body shops are now using epoxy to attach new panels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back