The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

JD customs exhaust manifold studs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Two questions

1. Are these good quality?
2. What color for my set up?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

"Are these good quality"?
I don't know but the first thing I did on their web page was look to see if they actually tell you what material these are made from.
Because sellers sometimes call stuff "titanium" when that is actually just a surface color treatment that they are talking about.
But if you hover over the left side of the page and scroll it down, it scrolls separate from the right side, it says the stud kit is made from Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5) titanium. Then checking on that, there is such a thing, you can even buy it from Online Metals. (Glad to know that, I had never looked before!)
Reading down the rest of the way, I don't see any ridiculous claims or obviously stupid stuff.
I would say give em a shot!

Can’t speak for quality but black or bare would be my color vote.
Think I’m going to go with just chrome. I do love the burnt blue but it doesn’t go with what I have going on.

"Are these good quality"?
I don't know but the first thing I did on their web page was look to see if they actually tell you what material these are made from.
Because sellers sometimes call stuff "titanium" when that is actually just a surface color treatment that they are talking about.
But if you hover over the left side of the page and scroll it down, it scrolls separate from the right side, it says the stud kit is made from Ti6Al-4V (Grade 5) titanium. Then checking on that, there is such a thing, you can even buy it from Online Metals. (Glad to know that, I had never looked before!)
Reading down the rest of the way, I don't see any ridiculous claims or obviously stupid stuff.
I would say give em a shot!
Haven’t read the description until you mentioned it. Sound solid to me especially for what they’re charging. I do like how they mentioned about running the fp manifold and it’s a good thing they did knowing how tight it is with the top nuts.

Appreciate the input fellas! :hellyeah:

Not a fan of titanium for the studs and nuts, it can gall and cause difficulties. There's absolutely nothing wrong with ARP studs - they're cheaper and I'd argue they're the better choice even when price isn't taken into consideration.

Nice car, by the way. It's very clean.

Not a fan of titanium for the studs and nuts, it can gall and cause difficulties. There's absolutely nothing wrong with ARP studs - they're cheaper and I'd argue they're the better choice even when price isn't taken into consideration.

Nice car, by the way. It's very clean.
Thanks! Studs were removed to bring the head to machine shop so I figured I’d splurge on some hardware. Honestly, arp didn’t even come to mind and since they’ll be silver anyways, it’s also a choice I have. Appreciate the input!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back