The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is this idle ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FilmerDude

Proven Member
Nov 10, 2014
Temperance, Michigan
Used to idle around 1500 and now once my car starts it goes from 1500 to about 1100-850 range and sounds like the video attatched. It has stock cams so I'm wondering if something is wrong or not LOL. Occasionally it dies but starts right back up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Have you tried doing a seafoam intake treatment? Had a similar issue. Changed plugs, wires, did intake treatment, oil treatment, and changed oil. Problem hasn't come back in 8,000 miles at least.

And also what everyone else said. Switch to the NGK's instead of AutoZone's cheapo plugs.

What is the correct voltage it cycles at? I think I remember it chilling at .2 and sometimes .3 but when I plugged it in near a different plug it read .2 to .7. I'll have to do another log because I figured out one of the plugs was CC motor. I'm grabbing some NGK's tomorrow to see if that helps at all. The idle is getting better from fixing the starter grounf but it still breaks up bad during boost. It's an in and out of boost feeling.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back