The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

is that belt ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbiter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2008
Irun, Europe
Just on another thing (Swaping exhaust) I discovered that my belt doesn't look too tensioned beetween the two cams wheels.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Car runs ok, and my uncle did the timming belt recently (3 months) and car has been parked since.

How many teeths should have the timming belt? Is there anywhere where I could grab info about the belt? Would like to know how many tensioners it have and where, markings, etc.

start the car real quick and shut it off and see if it tightens up. My 3g would go loose after sitting awhile and tighten when started. I never noticed if the 1g did this as well. it may be or may not be what is happening

It's normal, but when you start the car and shut it off, it should tighten up. The tensioner loses it's pressure with time and when the engine runs again, it tightens again.

That belt is way to loooose, look at the 2nd pic that belt may jump time on start up. i would redo the timing and replace the tensioner. better to be safe than sorry on 4g's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back