The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Paper Gasket, when is it ok or not ok to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
I have a roll of this stuff based upon years of reading about people here using it, but have never been interested in using it until now.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VTlmGCh182AIlEAQYASABEgJQDvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'd like to use it but I notice that many OEM and Felpro gaskets have a circle in the middle of the gasket (often red) that seems to do additional sealing.

If you are cutting your own paper, it obviously won't have that. I am a big fan of copper spray and not afraid to spray it lightly on the gaskets and surfaces but want to know if it is just fine to create copper gaskets for things like thermostats and throttle body gaskets etc.

I wouldn't try replacing a metal gasket with it but would like to know if it's ok to use it to replace paper gaskets with in general or if there are any exceptions.

Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back