The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Is my fpr bad? Will a 2g fpr work on a 1g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobillo748

Probationary Member
Sep 17, 2009
chicago, Illinois
Ok so here is the problem finished putting my car together and everything was ok except for a funny idle caused by a boost leak wich got fixed. I left town for a week came back tried turning the car on and battery was dead, charged the battery tried turning the car on but it just cranks over wont turn on. I got it to turn on once let it run for a while turned it off came back the next day and same problem, turns over but wont start. I checked the ecu its good, checked the mpi its good, I made sure temp sensor was connected. So my buddy suggested the fpr but I cant check the preasure or if the diapram is bad if the car wont start. I have a 2g fpr laying around wondering if i can use that? and if you guys have any other ideas on what it might be I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Even with a bad fpr, your car would start. It would just run extremely rich. I would check your MAS to see if that is the problem. But to answer your question A 2g fpr would work. just keep in mind tho that 2g fpr are set at 43.5 psi when 1g's are set for 37 psi. you might run a little rich.

Good call. i completely forgot that the auto 1g's have the same base fuel pressure as our 2g's :ohdamn:

Except on 1g's 450s flow about 410 or so, on 36ish fuel pressure..That the manuals had, but if you put a 2g or 1g auto fpr on ther they do flow 450..Had this conversation the other day and, someone actually figured out the math..

agreed! :thumb: i dont understand though why if they both have 450's, why the auto' flow more than the manuals do and have different Fuel pressures. if a manual 1g has a base fuel pressure of 36-37 ish i understand why they would only flow at around 410ish instead of 450 because of lacking the fuel pressure our 2g's have. BUT now that i have my thinking cap on :aha: couldn't you throw a 2g fpr on a 1g manual therefore you could flow more around 450?

EDIT-- NVM LOL i missread your post and basically said the same thing you did

one question then, say if someone was running a little rich and couldn't afford to by a safc II, dsmlink, etc, could you put a 1g fpr on a 2g to lean it out a little because of the lower Fuel pressure?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back