The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Is my axle popped all the way in? (pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini zilo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Alright, well here are some pics. There is a small gap between the trans case and the axle. Is there supposed to be? I can even see a little bit of the axle shaft on the inside of the case.

Is it all the way in?

I have a leak from this axle when moving, and I replaced the seal twice already using RTV.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In this second pic, look at the black space between the axle and trans case. That is not the seal, that is a small gap, and you can even see the axle shaft a little bit. Is that gap supposed to be that big?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Push it in with balls and it will fit tight, I had same problem with mine so I checked the end to see if there was space and what do you know there was a small space. After 10 mins of extreme pushing I got upset said F U and shoved it in there (kinda like throwing the pad when you lose in a game) and snap it went it.

there is a c-clip type ring on the end that has to sit in place use a rubber mallet on the axle and tap it in

Doesn't look in to me. Does it pull out easily? If so, then the clip is not seated correctly.

check the clip to see if it fits right or maybe its to lose and needs to be clamped a little.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back